Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Wetstuff » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:43 pm

Hey SQ - the tip pivot on the Wichard can get the wobblies like you said. I've used the same one all Summer/Fall and had to give it a few taps with a hammer on an anvil to tighten it up.

Actually....I gave it one-too-many and had to put a chisel in the forks to re-spread them, but - none the less - a little compression makes it align lot better. I also polished the tip of the pin that goes under the retaining clip with a fine grinder because it was snagging the clip and slow to secure.

I also always dip the QR in the ocean before I clip in - sand will bugger both the opening and closure. .....and MAKE SURE you use the largest sized line you have inside the closed loop - the bigger the better - the bigger: the more sure you are that it's goona spring out of there mas rapido. (I've tried lotsa different things and sizes)

.......and we're able to reduce the price of our Wichard's to $45. This comes with some ways to make a release leash also. See: wetstuff.com

stay safe...but f l y w e t.

Jim

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby murdoc » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:00 pm

irie,
just pull grab the adjuster or pull the leaderlines.
not too far - and be careful not to get caught in one of the lines.

i gotta admit that i used to fly low ar kites back then ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”