All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:51 pm 
Medium Poster

I once saw a breakdown of kitesurfing ability levels based on hours in the water in a magazine. There are also many posts on this and other forums mentioning beginner and advanced levels in relation to conditions, accidents, etc. None of these make much sense to me. So how about it? What are the levels and how do we classify?

peace out

-moray

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:58 pm 
Progress in kite boarding is as anything indivdual is based on the person, The steps are;
1. fuc this thing scares the shit out of me fuc it, I ain't diven that thing it will kill me. 2. Fuc it im bored lets dive it.
3. I'll never do that, that and that, again!
4.Whoa hey wow shit this is cool, whoa that anit hard, whoa hey fuc cool.
thats it your a kiteboarder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

are you.?

1. concerned about being able to launch your kite.

2. bring it down.

3. keep it up.

4. keep it dry.

or any of the above replacing the kite for your body in reverse order

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

well, after keeping it dry, i'd say:
-goin' 20m with the board
-going more than 50m with the board
-going as far as you like (in most cases)

then going upwind.

then basic jumping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:38 pm 
1. HOLY FUCK! Why am I sitting on the beach when I could be out there doing that [wife or girlfriend's hand slips from your grasp]!!

2. IT COSTS HOW FUCKING MUCH? [Wife or girlfriend sends you the "no fucking way look"]

3. JEEZUZ CHRIST that thing could rip your arms off [after a half hour session with a friends 5m foil], but I got to get one :grin: 2 weeks later, you are all geared out and ready to go [The wife or girl has not spoken to you for a week straight]

4. FUCKEN A! I am doing it! [With a big smile you do not even realize that you have walked in total over 10km's upwind, after each downwind scream session]

5. HOT DOG, I made it back to the same spot that I started from :grin: [Freaky grin, like smoking way to much green]

6. FUCK ME, I just handled 20 knots, was able to stay upwind, jumped, what seemed like at least 10 meters up (in reality was no more than 2), and landed and managed to continue, once! :grin: [Freaky grin seems to have been chiseled into your face...]

7. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEEEELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Yo, look at me, I am jumping all over the place (landing is a different story) [Freaky grin seems to have grown larger]

8. MUTHA nice person, I can spin! [Centrifugal forces seem to have expanded the freaky grin - wife or girl is starting to get suspicious]

9. MAMA MIA, I am still learning something new each time I go out.

10. I wonder if anyone has tried jumping off the cliffs, with the kite up, board ready, and lived to tell the tale... [Freaky grin has stated to scare the wife or girlfriend]

There are so many levels in this sport - I don't think I will ever reach the day when it becomes a routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

FUUUUUUCK - damn ano neemus! - THE ABOVE IS A bit of verbal diarrhea from the Smelly ONE!! :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:40 am 
Medium Poster

damn boys, thats exactly what i was looking for. reading this a couple of months ago i would have thought you are a motley crew of incorrigible wackos. reading it now i understand why you are a motley crew of incorrigible wackos.

peace out

-moray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:50 pm 
I'm about a 6.5 on the above "Smelly" scale, especially as it refers to landing.

:wink:

--Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

just remember, the beauty is not to have a scale of 1 - 10, but a never ending scale of improvement, self satisfaction, self gratification - and most importantly NEVER LOOSE THAT SILLY GRIN :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:21 pm 
Medium Poster

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S

Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next