All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:11 am 
Quote:
On 2002-11-13 05:14, randykato wrote:
yeah, the fuel 14 has a projected area of 11.8 and a flat area of closer to 16 (the 16 is actually almost a 19). people rave about the fuel's great low end, but must realize that the kites are actually considerably bigger than labelled.

and therefore flying pretty well too for being so big!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:13 am 
Medium Poster

My two cents:
I only have the Fuel 17 (2003) so I can't comment on the smaller kites. The most striking characteristic is the wind range. You are right, on the beach the kite looks and feels BIG. Certainly MUCH bigger than an 16 Rhino or Toro. Also the construction is bullet proof which make the kite rather heavy. Once in the air its turns VERY quickly and on the most power setting lives up to its size and plans very early (equal X2 20). Yesterday I had the chance to to test the upper wind range when a gust hit. I had the kite in the most power setting and got virtually blown of the water and just managed to get back to the beach. I changed to the front setting and the miracle happened: I was able to hold the edge easily and went upwind with no effort. Amazing. The wind strenght is always hard to estimate but it would have been no way to hold a 16 Toro down.
Furthermore, the kite is very stable (in its wind range: in very low winds the weight seems to be negative and the 17 often stalls and has constantly to be moved on the beach. Fine on the water) and looks nice. If the smaller sizes are similar, go for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I dont know if the new fuels really have that much weight comparing to other kites, the 17 m only have 5 bladders, all other brands have 7 or more bladders so the "bullet proof" adicional weight is there instead of the bladders extra weight. If anyone can compare the weight of the new fuels with other kites i would like to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:35 am 
I was fortunate enough to test the '03 fuel about a month ago. They've got it right this year!! Lighter, faster, same build quality, good looking, but still higher priced than most on the market. But having said that it's up against the X2s on performance now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:53 pm 
The shop just lowered the price of CO2 11.5 to 675EURO (without bar and lines).
So it will be a CO2 11.5 2002 I wil lbe using in 2003 !
Hope to get on the water next weekend.

Eddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:10 pm 
2002 Carbinhas should be buy one get one free right now. So he should lower the price way down or throw in a second kite. You made a very bad decision friend. You will be sorry you chose Cabrinah crap over Slingshot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:28 pm 
Well, in all Fuel 2003 testing you can read: "The 2003 has better depower" "Now you don't have to fly the kite low, when the wind picks up".
This in several tests.
So something might be true about less good depower.
And I got it at -45%.
Thus as you stated: I could got 2 kites (2002) for one !
Eddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:05 am 
Quote:
On 2002-11-30 19:28, Anonymous wrote:
Well, in all Fuel 2003 testing you can read: "The 2003 has better depower" "Now you don't have to fly the kite low, when the wind picks up".
This in several tests.
So something might be true about less good depower.
And I got it at -45%.
Thus as you stated: I could got 2 kites (2002) for one !
Eddy

GREAT! sounds about right to me. if you got it for -45% then its pretty much right on. if you are happy i am happy. :smile: :smile: :smile:

kindly,
the anony poster from above

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2