All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:42 pm 
Frequent Poster

Quote:
The Underground Wave Tray is considered by many people to be a revolutionary design and it's natural that many will try to copy it but I don't think that they stand a good chance to succeed since Adrian knows how to make far better boards than those which are mass produced in the Far East.

Thats right, and the good thing is, I have already been riding my WT for a good 6+ months - the vari is only just available now (infact I don't think I can buy one in this country yet)...
The good thing about underground is, they're not just going to be contempt with the WT's as they stand now, they will have more developments on the way - rest assured! and 6 months after these developments are released bet your bottom dollar that others will be making very similar boards again!

Also you can bet the Vari doesn't have all of the characteristics of the UG's - flex patterns etc... it might look similar but somethings just can't be massed produced in china (or where ever these boards are being popped out of...)

I saw the post someone mentioned from Martin - it was on the kitesurf yahoo group, in it he more or less claimed the WT is his design... gimme a break... I have heard Martins original designs didn't work very well at all, and at waddel creek he used a very close to stock WT to win the comp (I already had my WT by then!)...

Support the innovators not the followers!

Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:11 am 
take the only one:

http://www.carved.de

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:09 am 
Maybe Underground should have to pay royalties to just about every wakeboard company that ever existed. How can anybody say that their design is entirely original?
It's funny how people hype shapers to be geniouses or something. Most of them got thier ideas from somewhere else and just tweaked them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
It's funny how people hype shapers to be geniouses or something.

The way the wave tray tip is flipped up, and combined with a very straight rocker than would not work if the tips were straight, is very original. Not even the Olry was flipped up anywhere near the level of the wave tray, and it did not have the very flat rocker. If you ride one, you would see the ride is nothing like anything else. It's a very different feel, far away from anything else. Of course by now there may be other boards that have the same unusual ride.

Don't be so negative, these opinions are genuine and honest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-11-15 02:02 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:05 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Thanks Dwight, I did not want this thread to develop into a bitchin match. I just want every bodies honest opinion on the boards out there before I part with my hard earned cash.I can not find a test report on the WT or VARI as yet so all info is good info. The TAD received an excellent write up in Kitesurf Mag UK so it's in there for sure aswell. As I said the boards that are looking to be top three are Wavetray, VARI and TAD custom Tarifa, as it is a mailorder thing for me any info I can get of the Forum is a bonus but WHICH BOARD !!!

Thanks for the info on the HANA boards but not available in the UK

phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:28 am 
Only custom boards COSTA OVEST
http://www.costaovest.it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:27 am 
Wavetray, Wavetray, Wavetray. I've tried the majority of boards around the 142 to 157 mark, 2002 and some newbies to be released in 2003 and sure there are some sh*t hot boards out there that work well, but ease on the plane, pop, flex, ability to old power, the WT has it for me. The only other board which came close for me was the new Slinger 141 but then she was a bit smaller. I know its only my opinion but asking for advice is all good but when it comes down to it there really is no substitute for getting out there on the boards and trying them. Then deciding which feels right for YOU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Phil,
Thank you for the interest in the HanaCrew boards. I might be able to help you. I am looking to introduce the boards in the UK, maybe if you can help, we might work something out.
This is my e-mail: dimitri@x-tremekiteboaridng.com
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri
Check you inbox.

phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:28 pm 
Rare Poster

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the HANA boards but not available in the UK

phil.

I have heard about possibilities of HanaCrew looking for Dealers in the UK or Online that will ship to Europe. Keep your eyes open.

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next