Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

equipment,body size, experience

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:12 pm

Seems lots of people post their wind limits for their kites. some post with their boards too. But few list their body weight, board size and kite size---all of which are releveant. i've found that 195 pounds on a 181 Lightwave cannot go upwind with a 1510 ARC in 11mph. But yet someone else can go up wind with the same kite at 8 using a LFT. Seems like the rule of thumb here is to be suspect of others experiences. Purposefully anonomous because I expect a flame or two! :smile:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:50 pm

Not from me, the ranges expressed run the gammit from bullshit to best wishes to honest forthright sincere appraisals, all of wich are particular to the rider, not to me being aware of this i approach the test results more as a measure of the riders ethics. This gives me insight to the probalility of said tester being believable in areas I do not fully understand and so have a leg up to more confidently appraise the more vital info of kite knowlege! So keep on testing i will be taking notes. peace love and alltidute! Fokiten ps. that is not my real name.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:30 pm

20m AERO (2002 model) 10 - 15 knots 141cm Lunchtray...

12m X2 15 - 25 knots 141cm Lunchtray....

I'm 80kg...

BLOWN AWAY

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:31 pm

Ah yes and i've been kitesurfing for nearly 2 years :smile:

BLOWN AWAY

Return to “Kitesurfing”