All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

It is actually a bathroom floor mat as a photo prop. At least it is clean.

I did email it a while back but to your address on the TBKS site.If you can't find it let me know and I will send it again to another email address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Nope, never seen it or I sure as heck would have replied! I can't seem to get the webmaster address to work for me right now...dunno if that's where it got sent, but johnny@tam... works fine. Re-send it if you can please.

Gracias
Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:42 am 
Very Frequent Poster

There have been a bunch of serious injuries to experienced to very experienced riders involving misattached lines. One guy even broke his back and had been riding in high wind conditions in Cape Hatteras for four years. I would guess that in some ways this rider had more high wind experience than the majority of east coast riders. Yet, he made a mistake, big surprise as he is also human. He is joined by lots of other accident and incident victims. Some only trashed their kites, threatened bystanders and in other cases went to the hospital. Checkout the KSI for details of some of these accidents. Careful preflighting could have avoided all of these events but people will make mistakes.

So, we can continue to rely upon color coded line attachments that have been out in excess of four years and were probably in use in ALL of these accidents and incidents. Or we can move on to something more foolproof. We can experiment with our own polar connectors or we can wait until they become commonplace in the industry.

Something to think about, if we continue with what we are using today, there will likely be more AVOIDABLE INJURIES and perhaps even some fatalities. It is about choice at least for now. I wouldn't be surprised to see nothing but polar connectors in a few years. After all companies generally work to reduce avoidable injuries.

FKA, Inc.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2