Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help with Warrior trim please

Forum for kitesurfers
Zoomie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Zoomie » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:23 am

I have a new 9.3 Warrior that I would like some help with setting up.

I measured the distance from the bar to the first knot (at the blue cross line) and it measured 56cm - as Flysurfer recommends.

However, the distance from the first knot to the second knot is 4cm longer on the green side. Is this correct? It doesn't seem right to me. I haven't flown it yet, but I would think that this would build a turn into the kite unless there is an off-set somewhere else that I don't know about. The distance (outside to inside) from the first knot to the second knot is 40.5cm on the red side and 44.5cm on the green side. Can anyone help clear this up?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zoomie on 2002-11-22 00:24 ]</font>

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:49 am

I have a warrior as well. The knots are about the same distance both sides. I don't think the kite will fly to one side more than the other. The flying lines connect from the lanyard to the last know in the leader.

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby loeuftok » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:40 am

you better check the whole setting before launching it.
it may appear that your lines have a length diffrence of 4cm also, therefore no pb, else move your knots so that both lines are equal in length.
4cm is not a real big deal, but it will definately be very uncomfortable.

Pascal

andré
Rare Poster

Postby andré » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:34 am

hi,

i read in german forum, that it is possible to update the warrior and manic with new psycho´s WAC system.
you reach more turning-speed, depower and hangtime.
only good for advanced riders. and you will lose the pressureless depower.

greetz andré

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:46 am

check your entire line lengths on all lines, flysurfer make special self braided line sets so it is highly unlikely that one side is 4cm longer than the other. simply move both sets of knots to match. from your post i take it that is the set of knots to which the safety/relaunch attaches that is uneven. these should be of equal length as should all the knots and the leader lines themselves.

4cm difference is definately enough to make the kite fly to one side, i'd definately straighten these before you fly it for the first time.

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:20 pm

Thanks SQ (and others), I measured everything very carefully and the length of the green leader line was indeed longer than the red leader line (from the bar to the last knot). The bizarre thing is that the knots for the safety line were correct i.e. even.

I made the necessary changes to the green knot and ensured that the black center line was correct as well. Now all of the end knots are even.

Return to “Kitesurfing”