All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:12 am 
Rare Poster

hey kite dudes and dudettes:)..I`m looking for any tips for a good kitesurfing site and how to start it up..will a html course help much?I`m pretty sure i know what people want in a site.just getting it off the ground and getting people to know it exists is a wee bit hard.....

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:05 am 
What's the name of the site gonna be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:13 am 
Irish Eh.
I'll give you a hand if you need one. I started off from scratch never having done a site before but it's pretty easy if you know how. Plus I already have webspace. You'll get fullcredit for all your work and You will Be Rewarded Handsomly.

Want to know more.. leave a message here and I'll contact u.

Your Irish Kitesurf Budd..

Oh By the Way how's Intel :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:20 am 
Rare Poster

dont know what the name of the site is gonna be.....intel if fine usual shite,i`m off travelling in a month around the world for 4months so be checking out the spotz...whats ur e-mail address irish kitesurfer buddy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:24 am 
Medium Poster

Check ur Private messages

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kitedemon on 2002-11-23 02:25 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:34 am 
whats the story are you related to the other kitedude in ireland??

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

why don't you send a pint of guinnes for every visitor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:08 pm 
There's an irish kite site at http://www.kiteireland.com,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:52 am 
Rare Poster

yea i know the other kitedemon dude a small bit he`s has his own online shop and got a kite club going at a local university........any other kitesurfers from ireland here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:02 am 
Rare Poster

re putting up a site: my advice to friends is that the toughest part of creating a competent site is having enough content. (It's very easy to take a 3-hour course in Dreamweaver and post a site.) My suggestion: sit down with your word processor, and start typing. Then keep typing. Eventually get a pair of scissors and cut up the pages into independent thoughts. Lay them across the floor, probably in a pyramid-design, and possibly using pieces of string to show the more convoluted travel paths you envision. If the site was kiteboarding in Ireland, you might have a very short home page (your top-tier), then a second tier that includes "What is kiteboarding?" Best Spots in Ireland Equipment Best Web Sites, etc... Then your third tier might be a development of best spots in Ireland.

The hardest part is having something to say. You get the above done, most any Web person can run the content through a software like Dreamweaver and have you up and on the Web in an hour or two. (And borrowing a cheap digital camera makes images a lot easier thatn before too!)

Best of luck!

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next