Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hydro or CO2 ?

forum for kitesurfers

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:21 am

Thinking of buying of buying a med-high wind kite either the CO2 or Hydro size 7.0 both 2002 models.

Some fantastic deals going around on these kites - anyone got any advice on either kite or which one to go for.

Disco D
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Jersey and Hatteras
Gear: Mixed Flexi quiver.

Postby Disco D » Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:04 pm

The 02' 7 Hydro is my favorite kite. If you can find one, grab it...

Rock solid stable even when the windsurfers are being denied because winds exceeding 35+ and closeout shore break for which I just jump over.

Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby robertovillate » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:51 pm

the wipika and hydro are both solid kites. Persoally I LOVE the Throttle Bar on the Wipika and their bag design. The Cabrinha bag SUCKS BIG TIME and I've told them so. The Cabrinha bar (2002)wasnt anything special.

Both manufacturerers have been very good about warranty issues. I've had one for eachbrand so far. No complaints about that.

I own 2 Hydros and 2 CO2's and both fly fine and are built well. There will probably not be a lot of diffenernce in flying characteristics in the 7 M size. I have flown my seven in 30+ knots and it is rock solid in the air.

Given what I said at the top of this post I would probably go for another HYDRO. (i really hate the cabrinha bags...not that that should be a big reason to choose Wipika...but you should look at the whole picture price...features...convenience.)

Where are you getting your deals on the kites? I am actually in the market for a 5M kite. PLease let me know. Thanks

Hope this helps you

Return to “Kitesurfing”