forum for kitesurfers
Does anyone have any information on kiting in the San Quintin (baja) area around christmas time?
I've been there a bunch of times, although never to kite and not in recent years. I thought somebody out of San Diego or maybe LA was running kitesurfing trips down there.
You've got a couple of mile long beaches, one faces due south bending around to west. This is probably the one that is best for kiting. The other out on the point and facing west (hard to get to and road can be washed out.) Maybe people kite in the bay too.
Wind should be calm or light offshore (east) in the am. Onshores (west) start mid-morning and it would be rare not to be able to kite afternoons. This would be side shore at the south facing beach.
Ocean Water should be colder than San Diego County at the same time.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
- Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
- Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
- Gear: Kites:
4m Ozone Reo 2012
7m Ozone Edge 2012
8m Ozone Catalyst 2012
12m Ozone Reo 2013
13m Ozone Edge 2013
14m Ozone Catalyst 2013
Cabal SX51 Skimboard
ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013
Tona Pop 138cm with LF Kite Vantage bindings
Xenon Rayo 145*44 2011
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
- Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, RRD, LF, Axis, Xenon, Tona, Mystic, Ion & Dakine.
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico.
get in touch with traig at http://www.monkeyair.com
, he does frequent trips down there, and is the nicest guy, he should help you out. Sometimes he may take some time to answer your mails, he is a very busy guy.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:00 am
San Qunitin is great. You can kite on the Ocean for some great wave riding or in the bay about 15min drive away for great flat water kiting. La Pinta Hotel has nice clean rooms for ~$60 right on the beach.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I can give you all the info you need for San Quintin,
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: airfly, TomW, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests