Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

San Quintin

forum for kitesurfers

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:42 pm

Does anyone have any information on kiting in the San Quintin (baja) area around christmas time?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:15 pm

I've been there a bunch of times, although never to kite and not in recent years. I thought somebody out of San Diego or maybe LA was running kitesurfing trips down there.

You've got a couple of mile long beaches, one faces due south bending around to west. This is probably the one that is best for kiting. The other out on the point and facing west (hard to get to and road can be washed out.) Maybe people kite in the bay too.

Wind should be calm or light offshore (east) in the am. Onshores (west) start mid-morning and it would be rare not to be able to kite afternoons. This would be side shore at the south facing beach.

Ocean Water should be colder than San Diego County at the same time.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Kites:
4m Ozone Reo 2012
7m Ozone Edge 2012
8m Ozone Catalyst 2012
12m Ozone Reo 2013
13m Ozone Edge 2013
14m Ozone Catalyst 2013

Boards:
Cabal SX51 Skimboard
ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013
Tona Pop 138cm with LF Kite Vantage bindings
Xenon Rayo 145*44 2011
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, RRD, LF, Axis, Xenon, Tona, Mystic, Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:58 am

get in touch with traig at http://www.monkeyair.com, he does frequent trips down there, and is the nicest guy, he should help you out. Sometimes he may take some time to answer your mails, he is a very busy guy.
Andres

zastrow
Rare Poster

Postby zastrow » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:38 pm

San Qunitin is great. You can kite on the Ocean for some great wave riding or in the bay about 15min drive away for great flat water kiting. La Pinta Hotel has nice clean rooms for ~$60 right on the beach.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:22 am

E-mail me at pdqmach26@cox.net. I can give you all the info you need for San Quintin,

Return to “Kitesurfing”