forum for kitesurfers
Does anyone have any information on kiting in the San Quintin (baja) area around christmas time?
I've been there a bunch of times, although never to kite and not in recent years. I thought somebody out of San Diego or maybe LA was running kitesurfing trips down there.
You've got a couple of mile long beaches, one faces due south bending around to west. This is probably the one that is best for kiting. The other out on the point and facing west (hard to get to and road can be washed out.) Maybe people kite in the bay too.
Wind should be calm or light offshore (east) in the am. Onshores (west) start mid-morning and it would be rare not to be able to kite afternoons. This would be side shore at the south facing beach.
Ocean Water should be colder than San Diego County at the same time.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2028
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
- Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
- Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
- Gear: Kites:
8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5
ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013 Black
Fone HRD Lite Tech 137x42cm 2017
Core Fusion 2 139x43 2017
Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surfboard
Alpine Foil Access V1 Foil and board
- Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, Core, Crazy Fly, Axis, Mystic, Pro-Limit Ion & Dakine.
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico.
get in touch with traig at http://www.monkeyair.com
, he does frequent trips down there, and is the nicest guy, he should help you out. Sometimes he may take some time to answer your mails, he is a very busy guy.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:00 am
San Qunitin is great. You can kite on the Ocean for some great wave riding or in the bay about 15min drive away for great flat water kiting. La Pinta Hotel has nice clean rooms for ~$60 right on the beach.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I can give you all the info you need for San Quintin,
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests