All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:42 pm 
Does anyone have any information on kiting in the San Quintin (baja) area around christmas time?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:15 pm 
I've been there a bunch of times, although never to kite and not in recent years. I thought somebody out of San Diego or maybe LA was running kitesurfing trips down there.

You've got a couple of mile long beaches, one faces due south bending around to west. This is probably the one that is best for kiting. The other out on the point and facing west (hard to get to and road can be washed out.) Maybe people kite in the bay too.

Wind should be calm or light offshore (east) in the am. Onshores (west) start mid-morning and it would be rare not to be able to kite afternoons. This would be side shore at the south facing beach.

Ocean Water should be colder than San Diego County at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

get in touch with traig at http://www.monkeyair.com, he does frequent trips down there, and is the nicest guy, he should help you out. Sometimes he may take some time to answer your mails, he is a very busy guy.
Andres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:38 pm 
Rare Poster

San Qunitin is great. You can kite on the Ocean for some great wave riding or in the bay about 15min drive away for great flat water kiting. La Pinta Hotel has nice clean rooms for ~$60 right on the beach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:22 am 
E-mail me at pdqmach26@cox.net. I can give you all the info you need for San Quintin,

[ 5 posts ]