Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Psycho vs LEI

forum for kitesurfers

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:33 pm

Also in lower winds at the edge of the window they become lazy to turn. Is this true and if so what is the remedy?

I find that the fastest way to turn a foil in light wind is to keep it flying so it always has apparent wind. Power up to start the turn then gradually depower as the kite turns to let it speed up and fly into the turn

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:37 pm

On 2002-11-26 15:33, Mr Jo Macdonald wrote:
Also in lower winds at the edge of the window they become lazy to turn. Is this true and if so what is the remedy?

I find that the fastest way to turn a foil in light wind is to keep it flying so it always has apparent wind. Power up to start the turn then gradually depower as the kite turns to let it speed up and fly into the turn

That is exactly what I am doing. Yes, in lower winds thay are lazy at the turn, but it is a matter of getting used to the right technique - you explained it well above.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:40 pm

A lot more fine technique / finess is required for good foil flying, but they certainly produce the power, once you click on to that technique, and learn to improve.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:04 pm

You guys have got me stoked! I just found out that UPS is delivering my 15.5 PSYCHO tomorrow! I've been flying ARCS (840/1120/1510) for a year or so. I'll let you know what I think about switching over. i'm sure I'll love the PSYCHO (after what I'm paying for it!)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:36 pm

Definitely let us know how Psycho compares to the Arcs. I'm an arc user (abuser?) myself and have been tempted by Psycho's reputed psychotic hangtime.

Return to “Kitesurfing”