All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:18 am 
has anybody tried this board? has it got the cabrinha step rail like the prankster? how does the 148 compare to the 150 prankster. trying to decide between the two, but have not seen the vari close up yet.Hows the construction compare?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:03 am 
looks like the underground wave tray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:32 am 
Haven't tried the 148, but have used the 138...and it's AWESOME! I weigh 155lbs and used it with a 9.4 and 12.2 02 Cabrinha BT. Construction is basically the same as the Prankster..made in the Cobra factory. It does not have the step rail as it does not have nearly the same volume. The rocker and fin set up are also considerably different. Don't know what you weigh or you level of expertise so it's difficult to reccomend a board for you. If you are j learning I would lean towards to Prankster. You can get a new close out with the freestyle plates for $499US (Neil Pryde Maui). If you are an intermediate to advanced I would definately go with the Vari..About $700US. Comes with 6 fins, dual density pads and wide adjustable straps. The ride is very smooth, both heal and toe side, provides grea pop, is very light, and is finished perfectly. Can't go wrong with either!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Go for the Vari. Its a newer concept.
The prankster is a wakeboard with lots of volume adn big fins. Good contruction but a very stiff ride. Not bad but if the vari rodes like a WT there is much better than a Prankster.
WT are not difficult to ride, so even at begginer/intermediate stages are a good choice. A 148 is a big board. Ok for 10kt and up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:17 pm 
thanks for the advice.. im 80k & intermediate.. does the vari have the flip at the ends like the WT. i like waves, so it would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:41 am 
Go with the VARI, especially if you are an intermediate( I posted b-4 and did't know your weight /expertise). Yes the tips have a "step" and flip like the wt. The board has 4 (thinner than most) 2" fins set inboard further than most and another 2 (not sure if 1.5/1.75") fins on the heal side just towards the center from the tip fins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:54 am 
thanks, do you think the 138 would suit me ok,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I weigh the same as you and I ride a WT 142 with 16 meters kite and down.
I think the 148 is rangier. 138 is short, not so confortable in chop and or big kites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:03 pm 
think i will go for the vari 148.. thanks for the guidance..
Harri.

[ 9 posts ]