Stacks

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:58 pm

Witnessed the power of stacked X2's yesterday... who else has stacked kites here on the forum??

BLOWN AWAY

jamesjrob
Frequent Poster

Postby jamesjrob » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:50 am

Not sure about stacks, but am heading back to NZ in Feb for annual pilgrimage. Any new beaches you recommend?

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:32 am

hehe, yeah that 18 - 12m stack pulled so well, I could get planing in much less wind than you can acually waterstart in, like 4-5 knots with the directional!! 6 knots with the 150cm wakeboard..

I've worked out what to do next time, I will set my 18 on fast turning and the 12 on slow turning, as the 12 was trying to leave the 18 behind, so you could be too aggressive with turning the kites as the would get out of sync.

It's also handy to know you can launch a stack of two inflatables without assistance, just sand both up, and give a tug.
Next time I'll try it with 8-10 knots!
After trying the 20m Aero I would say this stack has a bit more power, and turns about the same speed but with more speed through the sky in a straight line.

It's good to know my 18 X2 has a improved low end with 5m extensions too, I was going fine on that 6ft directional even though the wind never got above 10 knots, we saw a few tiny tiny whitecaps, and then I was going upwind on my wakeboard! For a 75 kg rider that's not bad!!
Pretty good that I can take my 18 up to 20 knots too! Hows that for range from a big kite!!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:24 am

What the hell has happened to El Nino?? It better get it's ass back here pronto...

All this talk about stacked kites... One of these days I'm gonna stack my 16m and 20m AERO.. with my power steering bar that i'm making. Hopefully won't need it for a long time... hope I'll need an 8m AERO soon... El Nino come back!!

BLOWN AWAY

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:27 am

On 2002-11-27 01:50, jamesjrob wrote:
Not sure about stacks, but am heading back to NZ in Feb for annual pilgrimage. Any new beaches you recommend?
I know a great beach... it's a secret spot... get the westerlies pretty good and won't be crowded (with kiters OR beachbums/swimmers). Just waiting for 2 things to complete the mint setup....

BLOWN AWAY

Return to “Kitesurfing”