All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:22 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi,
I have a BT 2002 9.4 and i use the chicken loop only and my bar is al the way up(fully pushed.
I think my kite is not tuned so if someone can tell me how to tune the kite i will be so happy, cause i think that now i am losing power and air time becuse it isn't tuned.
Please help me,
thanks
gal
p.s
Respect(ALI-G)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:14 pm 
I have the same kite and am using the same setup. The way I have mine rigged is that I tie off my lines, get in my harness and hook in. When I fully load the lines in the chicken loop I have 4 inches before the bar bottoms out on the ball at the top of the loop. So my back lines are 4" shorter than my fronts. I have long arms and this seems to work best for me. I tried to make it so that all the lines were exactely even but it seemed that it took some of the power out of the kite. It seems that the BT's like to be a little over sheeted.
When the wind gets lite and I want even more power out of the kite I'll rigg my lines so that the fronts are on the middle knots and the back lines are on the top knots at the kite. Usually though I put all the lines on the middle knots at the kite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:41 am 
Rare Poster

Thank's
but i have one more qustion where do you keep your bar and how you depowr and power the kite?
and pelase other people help me too.
Thank's
gal
Respect(ALI-G)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Gal Gal,

ata ba aretz ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:56 pm 
Medium Poster

its dificult to understand what u mean but:
u can trim your kite by making longer or sorter the center line.i have the 9.4 i like it full powered always when riding the chicken loop.if when u pull the bar the kite seems to 'open'make sorter the center line(make a knot closer to the bar where the two front lines start)
hope helped

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

trim the kite:

when fully powered (adjuster fully open and unhooked from the chickenloop), the kite should be near a backstall.
fully sheeted out (bar all the way up and adjuster strap 'closed'), the backlines
should be very loose and the kite should react very slow to steering.

power/depower the kite:
hook in to the chickenloop.
if you let go of the bar, it slides ot the top. this is the depowered position. kite flies faster with less power.
if you pull the bar down, you sheet in. the kite gets slower and has more power.
sheeted out, the kite will fly further to the edge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:22 am 
Rare Poster

Thank's agin,
but you oppinion is opposite so if more people will answer we could have a nice disscusios about the setup of the kite.
Gal
Respect(ALI-G)

[ 7 posts ]