All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:24 pm 
I see from various posts that the LFT is a great light wind / beginner board. However I found a used Manta for very little $ and was wondering if it is basically almost as good even though it is an old design. I know that they are not making them any more. Is it smaller? I see that the LFT is 49cm wide. How wide is the Manta? I would actually like something a little smaller / narrower than the LFT. For durability, do they both have divinicell cores or do I have to worry about patching every little ding to prevent water from entering? If it sucks, and if I am really better off getting a new design, please let me know.

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:40 am 
You'll probably outgrow either of these boards in no time. Consider renting / lessons for a couple of hours to get going, then get a smaller board that you can grow into. Mid sized twin instead of large.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:58 am 
Ben Wilson was riding a Manta in light wind at the Mambo comp in Merimbula (Oz) on the weekend.

He is an international Team rider and was competing. So obviously this board still works even if it is old.

[ 3 posts ]