Translation list - Ten Points For Safer Kiteboarding

Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:41 pm

Thanks to everyone for your interest and help in trying to get the word out. The more violent winds coming to Europe currently particularly seem to underscore the need to raise hazard awareness out there and soon.

In order to avoid duplication of effort I wanted to post the follow summary of translations that should occur once the document has been finalized.

Sylt Rider - German
Gianvi - Italian
Nick - Japanese
Mark Plonk - Dutch
Andres - Spanish
Guga - Portuguese
loeuftok - French

Thanks to everyone again for their help in this. There are still a number of key languages remaining so please toss in your help with the rest of these leaders. I would hope that most of the comments would be in today and will allow the document to be finalized soon.

Thanks!

FKA, Inc. transcribed by: Rick Iossi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickI on 2002-11-28 04:30 ]</font>

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:47 pm

I´ll do it in spanish, could you send me the original document to my e-mail? i am in exams, but would have it back within a week,
andres

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:05 pm

Hello Andres,

Great! The final version is still pending receipt of comments. I will email it to you once it is finalized.

Good luck on your exams. I can almost remember going through some of those engineering exams, tons of fun! I think I would rather swim in two miles these days.

Rick Iossi

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:10 pm

ok cool.
yeah, everyone laugh, dynamics, mecanics of materials(english?), eletricity and magnetism, etc.
Andres

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:12 pm

Dynamics, serious stuff and as I recall one of the "flunk out" courses used to create majors in fields other than engineering. You are a smart fellow and I have no doubt that you will fire through with shining colors. The good news is that it is actually pretty useful.

Guga
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guga » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:10 pm

I can translate it into portuguese,
here's my mail,
CHeers

goncalosoares@netcabo.pt

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:27 pm

Go the engineering!!

The more mad scientists like us around the better!!

engineering and kiting go hand in hand...

good luck in your exams :smile:

BLOWN AWAY :cool:

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:25 am

Outstanding Guga! You might contact Sylt Rider. He is working on the German translation and also went to school in Brazil.

Translations on the way into a total of seven languages and growing! You folks are the best and your help is greatly appreciated!

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:36 am

Whats the story with engineers and kitesurfing. I am also an electronic engineer. most of the people i know that kitesurf are either engineers or technicans.

Kitedemon
Medium Poster

Postby Kitedemon » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:39 am

Howayas,
Me Too an Engineer.. Why so many.. Is it because what we are qualified to do is so Utterly boring we need the thrill of kitesurfing to balance out our lives....

I hate Engineering. But fair play to those who design our kites.

Engineering (electronics)is just somethin I'll fall back on if I ever need a few squids to get by Or when I choose to attatch some sort of LED sign to my kite so i can fly it at night. :grin: (hmm might be a good idea)

adio

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kitedemon on 2002-11-28 01:41 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”