All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:56 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I had such good luck with small, 7mm-foam-filled flares on my F's, that I made this set for my 1120.

The point of this post is to give away the one's you see in the backround. They both work and look fine. I will send FREE this set to the first email request:

wetstuff@fastmail.fm

I've posted this 10minutes earlier on the ARC forum at yahoo (it's 8:50am NY time on Thursday), so you may be a bit behind.

After seeing a post about the difficulty of finding kite fabric, etc.....I will also send at no charge: the bits to make either the mini or standard flares to one person in a place where you would not expect to find kite stuff. (Hanover does not qualify.....)

It's American "Thanksgiving" today. We kicked the Indians out and are thanking ourselves for making such a good geographic choice. The Pilgrims could have landed in Senagal?!

Anyway, I better post this...you're already 10min. behind!

Fly wet.

Jim

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

i wish i knew what you meant, those of us unfamiliar with arcs mike like to know more about what you've actually done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:24 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Jim, I think the flares totally suck. My 1510 came with the flares and would only relaunch 10% with them. they stuck to the water like glue and held the tip down. And when drgging a tip, they acted like a shove and dug under the water pulling the kite down. i took them off and move the back line a third up the spar and the kite worked fine. It always relaunches now. And turns just as fast.
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

SQ: I 'm not 100% sure what they are supposed to do?! It seems that PL completes about 90% of his kites - then it's left to users to finish or improve. I made mine, partially because I have about 15 commercial sewing machines and can't resist the impulse to use them.
(I'm working on my North's now....)

.....and Phil: you might be right. I've never flown one without. It seemed when the F's came out with those Laplander Earmuff-looking flares it validated the use of them on earlier production kites, no?! Dunno?! I'm just here to have fun...

I'm convinced the mini flares I did for my F's are better than the earflaps - and they sure-as-shit don't slap the wind like a
Sparrow flying into a hurricane. (I still can't believe they released them that way...)

I suspect , that by both the small size and closed cell foam within these mini flares, these will come off the water as well as a non-molested kite. The 1120 is simply so forgiving of sloppy flying, that I would almost deserve the swim in if it get's wet.

Cheers all.

Oh ya - flares taken. Thanks.

Jim

[ 4 posts ]