All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:54 am 
Medium Poster

<i>it is much more easy to learn kitboarding on a directional than on a Twintip / wake.</i>

I think the exact opposite is true, I tried a directional once and only once.
I think everyone who recommends a directional to a beginner, does so only because he does not know how easy it is to start out on one of the new bidi's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I started off on a directional but then again I did have 2 years of windsurfing under my belt so I was familiar with the board style... i had no wakeboarding or snowboarding experience.

The gear these days is getting so much better... however don't let the jibing factor put you off a large directional. You don't need to jibe... once you can get going you can get a TT and use the directional for real light winds... etc

BLOWN AWAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:31 pm 
hi dude

i use a 147 board with snowboard outline and a large kite in the region of 15.5 metres [13-25kts] (airush there is no better in my book) im 15 stone its true fat blokes can fly, i get 20" without even trying, keep an eye on the kite though, to comparison kite and pole surfing, i can not pole surf but i can pull 720 deadman and land like a feather with only 12 uk months prqctice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:00 am 
j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:04 am 
i ment 20' not 20" i can get that junping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:56 am 
Frequent Poster

The problem with a directional board is that you tend to out grow them really quick!! But they are easier to get going on and geting up wind. An option is to pic a mutan type board and use it later as your light wind board later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Have any of you guys tried a "super directional" . What I mean is a directional that is small and very very very very fast. We hear lot's about large directionals but not much about the real small directionals, upwind machines.... classic example is the Manolo... will probably get more power out of a kite with this board than any other due to it's speed...

Mutants sound pretty handy.. what do people think of them??

BLOWN AWAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:15 pm 
Medium Poster

would like to try a big-wave tow-in board for speed cruising.

Mutant is a great concept, but how is it when going toe side, jibing, and wave riding?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xid3d on 2002-12-17 13:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:53 pm 
Rare Poster

hey guy,
i tell you one thing!!! for low wind (i know it i'm from switzerland) use a soft kite named .... BY FLYSURFER. GOOD STUFF FOR LIGHT WINDS!! greez Slä

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
On 2002-12-17 12:15, xid3d wrote:
would like to try a big-wave tow-in board for speed cruising.

Mutant is a great concept, but how is it when going toe side, jibing, and wave riding?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xid3d on 2002-12-17 13:49 ]</font>

Mutants are the very best for waveriding, toeside riding, and jibing - you get both worlds in one board !
You don't need to jibe, if you want to ride a leg on the water without jibing - because you can so easily sail it backwards.

And the better fin grip gives you good pop for jumps, good waveride spray and cutbacks, and better low wind speed (upwind).

If the mutants are VERY small though - you will lose a bit of the grip in the cutbacks !

The TT's have other advantages - like easier to touchdown toeside after jumps and tricks.

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2