Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Water relaunch an Aero

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:05 am

Hi

Can anyone tell me the quickest / easiest technique to water relaunch an Aero. Thanks

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:46 am

Go here for some general information on relaunching. The Aero should be quite easy to relaunch once you understand how.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... 20tips.txt

Chris G

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:06 pm

Jerk the bar towards you and run towards the kite. If there is enough wind then it should get up onto it 's back.

Then walk around so that the kite is pointing into the wind.

Pull on the rear line attached to the far end of the kite and it should now be in the verticial crescent position and it should relaunch pretty easily from here...

BLOWN AWAY

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits

Postby jpkiter » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:26 pm

Exactly..all of the above!! When the kite gets on it's back... notice a subtle change in the wing tips...one will be higher than the other....once you see that...go in the opposite direction of that wingtip....+ get ready to launch!! woohooooooo!!! jp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jpkiter on 2002-12-09 21:38 ]</font>

redsc1
Medium Poster

Postby redsc1 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:31 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

The problem I'm having is that once I get the kite on its back and it is creeping towards the edge of the window, the kite has a habit of falling forward onto its leading edge. So the whole process of getting it onto its back starts again. I find this very frustrating as one of the reasons I bought the Aero was for its 'ease' of water relaunchability. I know some of it is probably my poor technique and lack of experience but very frustrating none the less...just when you get it on it back and ready to relaunch, bam, it falls forward again….Anybody else have similar problems?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:49 pm

keep the tension on the opposite line to the one that makes sense.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:35 am

Make sure the kite isn't downwind of you when you try to steer it off the water.

The kite should be crosswind of you so it's leading edge is facing directly into the wind. That way there will be no forward speed to trip the kite up and make it fall on it's face again.

Also make sure you are out in enough wind. Under 10 knots it's not easy to relaunchy any inflatable except for say the super low AR beginners kites.

BLOWN AWAY

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:08 am

To restate, any attempt to launch the kite before it reaches the edge of the window,(this is where the wind blows thru it or has laminlar flow, meaning: like a sandwich wind over the outside and thru the inside. This translates to lift)results in the top of the kite only powering up and flying "bam" into the water. patience dear my lord keeps honor brite. WAIT,,, WAIT,,, WAIT,,, Now launch.
BINGO!!!

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:10 am

Hey Fo, How ya doin ?
Being that you know about Laminar Boundry Flow, Do you know the Eddy Diffusivity co efficient ?

kiterdude
Medium Poster

Postby kiterdude » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:10 am

Also remeber to have the LE pumped up really wel.....the kite will restart better.

Mahalo!

Return to “Kitesurfing”