Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

maui magic Aviator seat harness

Forum for kitesurfers
genome1698
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby genome1698 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:26 pm

Does anyone use the aviator seat harness? any feed back would be appreciated -thanks

Jurjen
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jurjen » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:13 pm

I have the 2001 (previous version.)

It's ok, although i'm having one problem with it, that's the durability, the spreader bar cuts into the belt that holds the spreader bar connected to the harness.

I don't know if that's because of the size (its a little bit too big for me, never knew there were different sizes when i bought one, damn you salesman.)

In the beginning i also had a nut problem, but now i know how to put the things right and it's great (much better then waist ones in my opinion.)

I would have a look at the dakine fusion if i was going to buy a new harness, but it would definetely be a seat...

genome1698
Rare Poster

Postby genome1698 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:48 pm

Hi Jurjen thanks the the reply,the dakine fusion was my first choice but have been having problems getting hold of one so have given up!the aviator was my second choice, your nut problem, was it serious!? :smile:

Thanks Mark

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Postby taabsr » Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:16 pm

i use the aviator seat from maui and i love it, it's very confortable and the spreader bar is always on the righ place!!! just love it!!!!

check some pics with it at http://www.x-klam.com

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:09 am

we use aviator seats since 3 years, and we love them. Heavy duty use, every days at the school, no problem of life time.
very comfortable, spreader maintained in position by webbing.
the nut problem: not so serious, easily solved by proper positionning of the harness

Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster

Postby Jordanis3r » Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:31 am

i sold mine due to it was sawing my nutz in half - the dakine ones are more comfy - i just got a dakine impact vest and harness delivered yesterday - no more sore nads for me!

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:38 pm

i got one and i dont have3 out to say about it so in that book it means its good. i spend half my life swinging round in harnesses so would notice any disconfort.it is on the small side for me so that may be an indicator.

whats this new da kine integrated thing like.ppp

Jurjen
Medium Poster

Postby Jurjen » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:33 am

I can see I probably just don't have the right size, the nut problem was just in the beginning, but it wasn't so bad :wink: (i still have them in the same size they were before) After 1 or 2 times you know how to put the harness right (it was my first harness, so no experience at all.)

My spreader bar is not always in the right place but i guess that's because of the size, maybe i should have taken a small or medium (i got a large one now :sad: )

Their price is very good.

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42

Postby Wolfgang » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:41 am

Had one and sold it quickly because the leg straps caused trouble. DaKine Fusion is OK for me now...

Return to “Kitesurfing”