Cabarete Kite beach Super over crowded

forum for kitesurfers

jever98
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:52 am

To keep the balance of opinions:

I stayed at Ali's for two weeks. My hut was always cleaned, the showers and toilets were clean, too.

Lots of people came around for dinner, the atmosphere was friendly, etc.

For my part, Ali was reliable and friendly, so I enjoyed the stay there. But then after all, there are always as many opinons as people out there :wink:

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:07 pm

You got that right, it's a HUT comparable to African quality, if you like camping then this is the place to be. Wooden tents and raving wild animals......

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:17 pm

Ali's place is a rip off comparing to the rest of cabarete. you can get a much nicer place and much closer to the beach for the same price. He, himself is a fishy character, and i definitely felt that he was trying to rip me off when he offered me one of his appartments for 750 $ per month. The biggest problem with living at Ali's is that it's a good 10 minute walk from the town (sometimes this walk is really really dark and possibly dangerous). Also , it's far away from beaches. However, to go there for dinner is really nice.. Atmosphere is very cool. The restaurant is on a raft on top of a swamp. There are tikki torches everywhere and it feels very exotic. The food is really good and very cheap, and the service is nice (the locals that work there).

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:22 am

I agree the food is good the rest sucks, especialy the host. He gives me the creeps. The man is insane, and will try to suck every penny out of your pocket.

Stay in Cabarete or at Kite Beach , way better

Return to “Kitesurfing”