Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabarete Kite beach Super over crowded

forum for kitesurfers

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:31 pm

The traffic in front of Kitexcite is insane (the service is great), forget making a jump. You probably land on somebody.
It is verry intimidating.
I stayed at the Kite Camp otherwise known as Ali's place, watt a joke, a insect infested place right next to a polluted lagoon, the mosquitoes eat you alive, my stomach is still upset, and a warning the owner is a total alcoholic lunatic.
To salvage my vacation I moved to a hotel on the beach and kited in Cabarete Bay.
I had great wind, and met some really great people.

Vangelis
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Vangelis » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:36 pm

That almost sounds like a direct attack to Ali.
Depending on the season Kitebeach gets crowded, that's why you go further out closer to the reef, or upwind/downwind from it. In Cabarete Bay the winds are gustier.
And regarding Ali's place, the food is great, and for $10-15/day (all inclussive) I wouldn't complain.
I stayed at Nanny's for $60+/day and enjoyed every moments of my stay at Cabarete.
Can't wait to be back and kite there with Marina and friends.
Vangelis

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:27 pm

You are right about sailing outside the crowd, no problem.
Yes, I have a problem with Ali, he's a shame to Cabarete's reputation.

A raving lunatic. A man with no self respect that will lie and sheath you out of your money.

Kite camp is truly watt it is, a camp for the poor.
10US all-in ?
Imagine watt you will get for that!.. nothing.
The advertisement fooled me too; I just hope it does not fool others.

I'm sure Ali will be steaming; well he can come to Holland and beat me if he wants.

Andre

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:30 pm

Andre,

I aggree witt you, I have lot problem wit Ali to. Bad man. I never go there again

But forum is no place for anger,

Sory for englich

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:08 pm

sure the forum is no place for anger, but for information and it is concerning places to stay at kitebeaches.

If someone had bad experienec with it, it is intersting to know about what had happened. This way we might have less trouble by knowing what to expect.

If someone says the truth or it only had happened once, the reaction in the forum will show us.

Greets
Toby

kruzlifix
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer

Postby kruzlifix » Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:57 pm

I agree with toby 100%. I think this forum is so valuable because one can get "uncensored" opinions and "facts" about places to go and equipment etc. which will otherwise only be told behind hands from friend to friend privately...
andreas

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Wetstuff » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:13 pm

I don't know about $15. room and board, but I can image one night in Botswana well enough - to stay elsewhere. I am qualified to comment on crowded conditions in Cabarete.

Last March, I arrived for five days as a complete novice when; A) it was blowing like hell (to me..a novice) B) over run - in a very friendy way - by the crew from the German kite magazine. Throw in Franz Orly, BIg Eric, fearless locals and about 50 other assorted Supermen..and WOMEN at any given moment, and it could be..read that as: "was".. pretty intimidating.

However, no more than about 75meters downwind from the ballet stage in front of Marina's place was a the whole rest of a bigass bay for kite crashers, downwinder's and other assorted walking back types.

I suppose I wasn't going to make any of the magazines over there...I hope Franz wasn't watching anyway...but I liked it well enough to go back. I'm still not going to be kiting with the great's, but I'll be in a great environment to improve.

Dig in, get a second job to pay for a $30. room, but do go there.

Jim

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:16 pm

!!!!!!Most of the time!!!!!!!!
Now about cheep vs. quality
A lot o adreniline freaks suffer low funds from overactive non monitary gland use!
To have a crap hole cheep,is not only a alternative to the thrifty, but a refuge to the gland dependent. There but fo cheep they may end up in the stoney loansome,the local pokey,
So I would stress the WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FOR TEN BUCKS,
Just how f-up are you to bitch about a guy whos so under "a" achiever to have a joint and a theiving attitude yet only the nerve to charge ten bucks???? Sound pretty non- theiving to me!!!!

If you is a yuppy F then don't go cheep and bitch!
If u is just out of luck, His joint is better than a ditch.
So spue and point and have a fit!
but never should you think
That I would ever miss a chance
to point at you and wink.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:16 pm

Kite Camp is a great place to stay.....you have options to stay in a cheaper cottage if your tight on a budget....There cottage is what you see is what you get....regarding those insects...you guys must be wimps..coz Ali provides a mosquito net which does just fine. You can also stay in his apartments which are still inexpensive and give you the higher scale amentities.

The food is great too...a lot of people actually have their dinner there instead of eating in their own hotels.

Here's a guy ( Ali ) trying to make Cabarete accessible to all financial levels and he gets all this immature crtitsism. I stayed with Ali for almost 3 weeks this summer and I have no complaints at all. Yes he drinks...but he is no drunk and attends to his business well.

I will definitely go back to Kite Camp.

Gerard
Chicago

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:06 am

No guy's, the man is right.

Ali is a dangerous M.Fu... A german alcoholic racist.
I stayed for 1 day's then had to leave.

The rest of Cabarete is like a paradise, but kite camp.. forget it

The man is just to much.

Pat

Return to “Kitesurfing”