Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kite proshop bar question

Forum for kitesurfers
tweak
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tweak » Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:17 pm

Have you guys ever thought about this: Using a single continuous leader line to connect the two front lines in a loop that passes through the two holes in the bar. Then have the loop pass through a block attached to your harness. That way when you release the bar it should move up the front lines until it hits the stopper ball on one of the front lines. Then as the kite pulls, the rope should just continue feeding through the block pulling only on one front line (i.e. the one without the stopper ball). The advantage is that IF it worked it would bring the kite down automatically when you let go of the bar and everything would reset as soon as you grabbed the bar again (i.e. no shackles to reattach). Would that work?

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hernan » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:04 am

no

tweak
Medium Poster

Postby tweak » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:48 am

Thanks for the enlightening answer. Why?

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hernan » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:24 am

Hi, Tweak. Sorry for my short answer.
Why?
First, a continuous front line thru a block will not help with steereng. Is a like a reverse pulley bar.
Second: the back line tension alone will no be enought to force the bar to go up to create the 1 span difference in front line lenghts.
To depower the kite you need one side only tension, so there is no other way that releasing one (or both with fixed leashes) front with some kind or QR.

Return to “Kitesurfing”