Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

x2 color bleeding

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:10 am

i have a 12m x2 that i love the performance of but the one time i got it wet the color started to run instantly staining my white panel with black. i have the blue, black and white color scheme and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Fly'n High, Jungles

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:45 am

Ah, your´s must be one of those art deco models. They have made the colors such that they will stain for the first 4-5 sessions. After that you will have your own design and surely no two kites look the same. Naish has addressed this individuality problem by developing this kind of moving colors concept. It´s not mentioned in the manuals, however.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:48 am

Hi,

It is printed on the kite iself that colours might bleed if the kite is packed and rolled when wet.

Never heard about it while not packed though.

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:28 am

So far, I didn't have problems with my silver and blue ones. Sorry to hear.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:33 pm

You know how Naish likes to tech-up their kite terminology lingo.
What you are refering to is known as "Color Transient Morphing Technology"
It's the latest & greatest, but only recommended for expert/advanced riders...

:wink:

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:23 am

thanks for pointing out the naish color morphing technology, i must have missed reading about it in the manual. looks like i'll have to get some practice in before it bleeds too bad or i might not live up to the advanced / expert skills to operate teh naish technologically advanced morphing kite.

later, Jungles :wink:

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:33 pm

my 12 has not had this problem but is fading its orange and black, my 16 seems to be ok thou

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:12 am

My kite looks tiedyed on the white bit. After spending so much cash on it I was as careful as possible to keep it dry, but you have a kite session, it rains - maybe drive home for an hour or two with it in the bag - too late -damage done.
As for the kite(12m), I have had some real fun bombing around with it on both flat water and in waves... ian c nz

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:44 am

I have a fluro yellow X2, no bleeding yet, it has been in the water but dried out while flying, packed dry mostly or slightly damp, after a while I think the colour will set, and bleeding won't be too much of a problem. What makes it much worse is leaving a wet kite in a hot/warm car! Colours will run then, but f it is cold it will be ok.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:07 am

I bought an ARX black & white kite used with the black staining the white panels. The store told me that the running of the colors was usual if the kite was rolled wet.

Return to “Kitesurfing”