Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new cabrinha powerlock bar

forum for kitesurfers

Rhode Island kite freak
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Rhode Island kite freak » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:43 am

Has anyone tried this new bar setup? is it even on the market yet?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:32 am

It is available in the US right now. You have to buy it with the bar, but the price isn't too bad.

I hope it works because I like the concept. I am using a home made version on my bar. I like the bar.

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ptraykovski » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:40 am

Does it have only one locking position or can you lock-in anywhere long the chicken loop travel like the s2 setup?

-Peter

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:07 am

just one position... I used it once and wasn't that impressed. Not for me but I'm sure some people will like it

ATM
Rare Poster

Postby ATM » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:33 am

The bar feels good, but i found that the power lock takes a little getting used to. It will occasionally inadvertingly lock in on itself when you dont want it to, but this may be because of an inproper input with the system on my behalf.

Also I found that the locking system was in a wierd position on the chicken loop line, ie. not close enough to the actual loop.

Oops, the Wind is just starting to fill in, ATM

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:03 am

The idea is give a fixed loop ride and chicken loop, in one bar. It's not intended to lock in various positions. They sell it with the ball positioned at 27, 30, or 33 cm from the bar. There is a pin through the ball that you may be able to punch out to relocate the ball.

It eliminates the hard steering you get in the fixed loop with real short bars, plus you don't have a change in kite trim jumping between two loops of different lengths. It should not lock by accident if Cabrinha wants this bar to be accepted. I built a home made version that doesn't accidently lock. It's not that hard for Cabrinha to fix that, if it really is a problem.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:58 am

Ihave been using this system for about 3 weeks and at first was not shore but stuck with it.Now that I have it sused out it ROCKS, set you kite lines for max lift when in powerlock and get max lift and hangtime. If you don,t like it at first stick with it as it is well worth it..Fly high and prosper
Steve

andré
Rare Poster

Postby andré » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:17 am

hi,

i will try the SOLID powercontrol system nextyear. (-7°C in germany).

but i think you can lock the bar in every position! its not very cheap but if it work it will be great.
have a look at: http://www.solidkiteboards.com

great kites and boards allthough!

greets andré

greets andré

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:46 am

Dwight, could you pls post some pictures of your home made bar?

Thanks,
Nico

NJKite
Rare Poster

Postby NJKite » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:34 pm

Hello all...(my first post)
I purchased a 51 cm powerlock bar when I went to Maui last month for $110 USD. I haven't used it yet, but what is worth mentioning is that it comes with 3 different small brackets or claws to set up how much you want the ball to lock. It comes with the aggressive claw installed. That one needs to be pulled towards you as you twist to release. I believe the other 2 claws are a more passive lock, you just twist without pulling towards you & it's easier to enter and exit the locking system. The bar's grip is asymetrical & helps when twisting the bar to release. The chickenloop also has a quick release.

This is a fixed point locking system where your chicken loop stays, it's not adjustable to lock at any point like a cam cleat.

It will definately takes some getting use to, but I was impressed enough to get one.
Later, DA

Return to “Kitesurfing”