Forum for kitesurfers
Greeny
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Greeny » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:37 pm

Hernan,

On your bar, what method have you used to attach the bungee onto the bar.

Also with the hook moved onto the depower do you find that is harder to hook in & out.

I tried by welding a hook onto my metal chicken loop/ring & found it was somewhat tricky to hook in & out than the kook on the spreader bar.

Regards

Tony

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:39 pm

fleetwood! welcome dude, was there yesterday, - total tosh , wind was terrible.

R.

Greeny
Rare Poster

Postby Greeny » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:05 pm

Me too mate, got as far as rigging up & decided not to bother..............

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:58 pm

Tony:

I used a piece of polypropilene webbing with flat loops sewed at both ends.

I usually hook in & out by hand as my "chicken hook" has a snug fit with the tubbing that covers the bungie. Anyway I ride mostly on the bungie. You have a little less depower range but I get used to. The spinning leash doesn't work when you are out of the bungie. If you dont like the bungie assistance you could use a thinner one, it will make the leash spin without the assistance on holding the bar.

Greeny
Rare Poster

Postby Greeny » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:51 pm

Hernan,

I see, what is your hook made out of, it looks like it is bent out of some stainless plate? How is it attached to the depower?

Tony

Greeny
Rare Poster

Postby Greeny » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:21 pm

Hernan,

How about this:

If the hook was fastened to a sleeve on the depower & then the sleeve was inturn restrained by an adjustable webbing/buckle from a point at or nr the chicken loop. Then by adjusting the length of the strap you will be able to slide the hook up or down the depower. Allowing you to maitain your depower range or adjust the ammount of tension in the bungee as conditions dictate.
I also thought about putting another hook on the underside, which could be used to hook into a very short loop/bar attched to the bar beneath the depower line, thus allowing you to lock the bar if you wish at any position by adjusting the hook position with the strap?

What do you think?

Regards

Tony

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:51 pm

One of the first concerns rigging my system was to be as compact as I could.
The whole chain lengh is no longer than a standard chicken loop.
The little hook is as you think a bent SS plate welded to the ring.
Adjustability is not an issue, I ride , mostly, at the same distance from the bar, with the bungie at its full lengh. (lets say 1/2 depower lengh) When I need other "static" kite trim I go with the cleat adjustment. Is like riding all time in the fixed loop but with a shock absorber. Is more forgiving, feels more like chicken only, but more solid, I use the top of the depowerange only when I want to kill the power ej.: too heavy gust .
I find it more relaxed. the kite behaveour is very good.
Yesterday I take some special attencion on how I get in and out of the loop and I found me using my thumbs a lot or simply hooking as with a standard hook. As everything in life, you get used to and feels natural.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hernan on 2002-12-10 10:47 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”