Forum for kitesurfers
Fabjet1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Fabjet1 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:37 pm

Hi guys,
Sailed with Roberto Ricci yesterday in PR.
Was an awsome day 20-30 Kts beautiful WX.
Tried the 2003 board Wave Trays style.
Very light 2kgs, handle chop very well, meaning smooth, cutting water like warm butter, nice flex and is seemed as you could not lose the edge, very strong grab...
So whats bad about it?
Not much, If I really want to be picky I would say that the foot pads were not the best for me, but that was a proto and might not be the same for the production.
Boards are going in production in September.
Construction, mix of fiber glass and carbon fibers.
If I remember correctly he said glass on bottom and carbon on top.
Glass for flexibility and carbon for solidity, it is mixed differently depending on board location, more cabone to critical breakage points and more glass where you need the flex...
Asked him about new kite 2003:
Segmented leading edge, still wingtip batten but lighter carbon, still using best Dacron available..
His philosophie is to make a bullet proof kite that will handle the abuse.
Neverthe less he mentionned that for the big sizes above 14M he will use a lighter Dacron and sacrifice a little bit the toughness for lighter and better handling capacity.
Also in 2002 we have type 4 than is reather slow and Supertype rather fast.
Well from is feedback in 2003 both kite will be pretty similar and closing the gap.
Meaning the Type 4 will be a little higher aspect therefore faster, and the supertype little loweraspect little slower, just a little, but better relaunch.
New bars with safety system.
That's all folks!!!!
Well something more he is really a cool laid back guy, very approchable and open to suggestions and critics, nice dude!

Latter,...

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Fabjet1 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:41 pm

Oh I forgot about the guy that wanted to know about the wing logo on the airtricks?
No association with Honda, but he said that it had a fun racing designed, You know racing and the wing flying..
Rollerball in kitesurfing,
Sounds interesting....
Latter..

Return to “Kitesurfing”