All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:12 am 
Rare Poster

i'm new in this forum, i'm from spain and my english is no too good, but my question are: what about advance kites, rhea and io?
are they like warrior or psyco or like peter lynn?
with one advance io or rhea, could i do the half of arcoolics do?.
thanks,
sorry for the english.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Io was the first water foil made by advance, rhea came next and this year came the rhea depower, same canopy (wing), but with a different bridle to use a depower system like the psycho (or was it psycho after rhea depower?)

With an io or a rhea you could do everything arcoolics do. It's just a matter of practicing, we'll get there.

If you can get a second hand rhea you'll be able to save a lot of money and go straight to the water.

It will all end in personal preferences, buy what you like and can afford, be it a lei or a foil.

Any rhea flyers in this forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:11 pm 
Frequent Poster

I had the advance depower Rhea 10 for a while. Really well made kite. Definately from a materials perspective the best quality. All the components were super.

The jumps are nice and floaty. The depower system is also nice. For a 10sqm it was quite fast to turn. It doesn't have an autostable profile though, so when fully depowered, it can luff during a gust.

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
On 2002-12-16 12:11, mmunzer wrote:
I had the advance depower Rhea 10 for a while. Really well made kite. Definately from a materials perspective the best quality. All the components were super.

The jumps are nice and floaty. The depower system is also nice. For a 10sqm it was quite fast to turn. It doesn't have an autostable profile though, so when fully depowered, it can luff during a gust.

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Our local dealer also got a yellow 10m depower for testing but i was unable to test it before it was returned to advance, not enough wind power or too much power.

I have a 5.5 and a 7m "classic" rheas and want to cover the low end, i've 3 choices, north rhino 2, north toro or a rhea 14m depower. I'll be trying the rhino 2 and toro next weekends, but i'm unable to get my hands on a depower again (soon at least).

Has anyone tried a rhea depower and can compare it to the north rhino 2 or toro?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

just dont drop it in the water, you might sink with it! Or am i jumpin to the conclusion that its open cell ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:43 pm 
Rare Poster

Hai Toni,

I have a 7m^2 Aeros Virus (se the C2C part of this forum). It is almost new just flown a few times.

The kite is an exact copy of the traditional Rhea. Everything looks identical. Material and lines are of very high standard (equal to Rhea). Aeros construct paragliders of high performance so this ensures that the quality is good.

You can check out the kite at http://www.aeros.com.ua/

It is for sale because I only use the kite in winter for kite skiing so I am buying an open foil.

The kite is complete with lines and flexibar.

Interested?

Greetings.

/Urban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

Its a closed cell foil. No problems with water relaunch.

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:57 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

last saturday i was with a 7m rhea and i dumped it in the water 6 times!!!
Relaunching it is like relaunching from sand, fast, very very fast:) The LEIers on the beach just stood there: "F*ck, what, already?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:03 pm 
I have a Rhea 7.0 for sale, if you are interested.Never been in the water, only flewn on land maybe 2 times.
Also I have an IO 7.5, but thats used.
Rhea comes with a nice backpack.
Write me a mail to: peter@kiteline.hu
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:22 am 
Rare Poster

I have all sizes of used Advance kites, Rhea and IO, no depower system. Very affordable prices.

[ 10 posts ]