Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

half-a-year-trip, where to go? australia etc help

Forum for kitesurfers
he-man
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby he-man » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:30 pm

ok, my first plan was hawaii but after a lot of helpful tips and information from people here i realized that maybe it isn´t the best place to go.

it´s just that it seemed so good at first. kiting, surfing, diving, whalesafari, mountainbiking...

anyway i´m leaving for half a year, i want great kitesurfing of course, big waves and constant wind and WARM weather.

i also want to work during this period so which place it the place to go?

i was talking to anoher guy who just came home from australia and he said foreigners can easily get work there and legal too and it´s cheap, both to eat and for a room. true?

how is australia in may/june/july, i guess on the east coast where most surfers stay it´s pretty much warm yearround right?

anyone who has done some major trip like this with some tips and hints?

any help is sooooooo appreciated!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:33 pm

I think down the Westcoast of the USA to Mexico, around central America and down to Venezuela, Columbia Peru, Brasil should be very nice.

Or Thaliand, Vietnam, Indonisia, etc could be awesome as well.

Or in summer around Europe.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:40 pm

ok but i was thinking more of staying at the same place for the whole time.

and i´m from europe so i want out of here, maybe the canarian islands though, are the waves big there?

vp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Island, Sandy Hook, Long Branch
Style: foil / race
Gear: Ozone R1V3
Delta Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding

Postby vp » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:47 pm

check out cabarete in DR. i stayed there for 2 months and loved it. great wind, cheap, good crowd.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:24 am

is it possible to work there?

hat does it have to offer in terms of nightlife and other activities besides kiting?

since i´m gonna stay there for so long i there are many factors to satisfy.

redsc1
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby redsc1 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:37 am

he-man

May/June/July is coming into Winter time in Australia, and the East coast around Sydney is not that warm. At that time of year you may be better off going to Cairns as the kiteboarding during the winter months is suppose to be great. You will also have the added benefit of being able to dive on the Barrier Reef, and do most other adventure activities. Cairns is always home to large community of backpackers and travellers like yourself so you will have plenty of company and people to travel with.

If you are going to be here for 6 months then consider coming back to Sydney or going Perth during the summer months.

As for working, it is only legal if you have a work visa. If you only have a holiday visa (like most backpackers) you would still probably find casual work but it would not be legal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: redsc1 on 2002-12-19 00:39 ]</font>

vp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Island, Sandy Hook, Long Branch
Style: foil / race
Gear: Ozone R1V3
Delta Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding

Postby vp » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:39 am

it's a great all around place.. great kitesurfing, good nightlife, lots to do, mountains, good mix of people, and it's dirt cheap. it seems that i was looking for something similar as you are looking for right now when i picked this place. and i was very much satisfied. in fact, im having withdrawls. :smile: if you want, go to http://www.kitechat.com .. i'll be there for the next 10 minutes, i can answer all your questions. hope this helped.. cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”