All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:24 am 
Medium Poster

I have decided to leave the directional style and join all you radical bidirectional riders. The board Im interested in is the HANACREW STEALTH, has anyone tried it? any general opinions on Hanacrew boards?

All comments welcomed,

/Otg

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:18 pm 
Rare Poster

I have the HanaCrew 2003 Stealth Twintip. I use it from about 15mph and up. I am 220 lbs and am quite happy with the performance of this board. It is Very light, like 7 lbs with fins, staps, pads, handle and hardware. I found it quite easy to get up and plane and it allowed me to set a very hard edge even in like 20-22 mph wind. I had been having some problems staying upwind on a larger board and found it almost effortless to go upwind on the stealth. I am very happy with it. Cant beat the price either! I got it from their website on sale for $499.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chola on 2002-11-07 18:52 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:12 pm 
Medium Poster

Ok... I tried getting some answears from Hanacrew... but they havent answeard me yet. I was wondering, does the board look like the board they have on the website? Does the board have a center handle for doing board-off tricks? any other details they forgot to add on the website?

Thanks/ Olle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:59 pm 
Medium Poster

I rode the Stealth all weekend and my riding has improved dramatically. This board rockets upwind, is fast as shit, rips a turn and has killer pop.

Riding toeside was as natural as riding heelside. I could load the tail and pop the board to perform no whip tricks. I used to pull the trigger to get air but now I am poppin' pretty high without the kite's help.

The cool thing is you can ride it a little flatter for good speed and when you neeed to load, just set the rail and soon yer off in lala land...

There are holes for a center grab handle but does not come with it.

As loose as you want it or dig in for great bite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

Chola,
You're saying the 140 Stealth gets you going that early? I'm 195lbs. and was considering the Xcaliber.
How's the construction/finish on the Hana Crew boards?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:34 pm 
Rare Poster

Quote:
On 2002-11-07 21:12, Otg wrote:
Ok... I tried getting some answears from Hanacrew... but they havent answeard me yet. I was wondering, does the board look like the board they have on the website? Does the board have a center handle for doing board-off tricks? any other details they forgot to add on the website?

Thanks/ Olle

Hey Olle,

From what I've heard, the Hana Crew boys have been crazy busy. Your best bet for info is emailing their Sales Rep Dimitri.

As far as the boards go, they are plain white this year, no graphics except for the logo. I've seen some pretty cool Vinyl sticker jobs that people have been doing aftermarket for them. Anyway, my board came with straps, pads, fins, and hardware. There are drill holes there for a handle, but it was not included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:19 pm 
Rare Poster

Quote:
On 2002-11-19 23:06, Protos wrote:
Chola,
You're saying the 140 Stealth gets you going that early? I'm 195lbs. and was considering the Xcaliber.
How's the construction/finish on the Hana Crew boards?

Hey Protos,

I've had no problems planing with the stealth. I actually just ordered an XCalibur for light wind days. I use my Stealth for high wind, well atleast for Florida, like 19mph or up. I actually have one of their older twintips thats a bit larger that I have been using for like 12-15 because its got a much larger foam core than this year's board. It's a 5' 4" custom with big soft round rails so its like driving a cadillac or something. I love it but, anything really over like 15mph and its hard to cruise upwind. I'm getting the Xcalibur because it's the same aggressive design of the stealth just bigger. I have ridden it in light wind and like it quite a bit. I'll keep my "big boy" for light-gusty conditions and surf. With those 3 boards I'll be in good shape for Florida conditions I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:23 pm 
Rare Poster

Unwanted Stealth!!

I picked up a Stealth as a prize in the US recently (it's in the UK now). I think it's a early model as it's silver, and I got in in September. It has bindings and fins.

If you're interested just get in touch. Not sure about shipping to the US though, but contact me if you're interested and I'll find out a cost

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stanage on 2002-12-16 17:06 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:28 pm 
Stanage,

Who is the Mfg of the Stealth you are referring to?

Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:33 pm 
Stealth review. Board comes very plain looking - all white with one black HC sticker. Several drill holes for binding options. There are also slots for a handle. This board rocks. I have only ridden it once, but it is the best lunch tray board I have tried so far. Very similar to the Und Wave tray, but the hana has a little more flex to pop. Well worth the price, IMHO.

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next