[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:38 pm 
Medium Poster

Now hold on now!

it is Xtreme, Xtremely FUN!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:57 pm 
Rickster, good example of how Webster has picked up the overhyped use of ESPN lingo and written it down. My older Webster (1984) has this definition: of the highest or utmost degree. Sounds like Peebs and co are tired of the contributions of mass media and marketing to language. Can't blame 'em. Look at it as you may, you can kitesurf without exposing yourself to high physical risk and you can kitesurf without pushing your limits agressively, which makes kitesurf like almost all other sports a non-extreme sport unless you practise it in an "extreme" manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:21 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-12-17 18:57, Anonymous wrote:
Rickster, good example of how Webster has picked up the overhyped use of ESPN lingo and written it down. My older Webster (1984) has this definition: of the highest or utmost degree. Sounds like Peebs and co are tired of the contributions of mass media and marketing to language. Can't blame 'em. Look at it as you may, you can kitesurf without exposing yourself to high physical risk and you can kitesurf without pushing your limits agressively, which makes kitesurf like almost all other sports a non-extreme sport unless you practise it in an "extreme" manner.

ANON O mess,
No body but you have this wrong!
Websters got it in 84, highest or utmost degree,,skip to 02,,, of danger!

thats it! they got it, I got it, now its your turn.
Get this, extreme = utmost danger accquired by the participant on his own accord!
do you get it NOW.
Any nice person can be extreme by doing somthing dangerious on purpose!
To all others the same is just an unfortunate accident that happened because he did not know better!
Extreme is knowing better but not careing to avoid danger.
KITING CAN be and is extreme if you choose it to be.
Kiteing can be and still is extreme if you do not know any better.

ONE coin, two sides, both the same, EXTREME!
The difference is in understanding the difference.
the wind sucks hear, 35+ to 45
Extreme is rarely fun?

fo go yo bro no more extreme, your just pissin me off, not really

Right on Alkbob,
I forgot to mention I do have big respect for the extreme skills , my buds are all extreme kiters.
I ask em how does that feel to do that? "sweet" or "fuc" is all I get.
My one bud who does grinds off the gear rack on his van say's the more powered I am the easier it is to nail it!
I wouldn't know about that but, I DO believe him!
damn cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-12-17 21:56 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

Any point where you are above your kite, and you are high enough that serious bodily harm is likely to occur, and the best you can hope for is a mild concussion is fairly hardcore in my books... but just hurting yourself getting dragged over rocks is just stupid or unlucky :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I think we are all stupid to some extent... kites through power lines, kiting in squalls, kiting when the clouds look like thunder and thunder is forecast... even if it turns out to be ok you are taking that gamble and continuing to kite assuming an outside chance of getting struck by lightning and being killed....

Crashing kites on houses, crashing kites on the roads, not wearing saftey leashes, not wearing a helmet, kiting with dodgy equipment, kiting well maxxed out, trying a new trick, jumping higher than you've ever done before, having a close call, mountainboarding, kiting with nasty things in the water (sharks, jellyfish etc). I could go on and on....

BLOWN AWAY

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3