All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:19 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-12-18 17:58, Dwight wrote:
Don't be so quick to think the Storm2 will be the greatest kite. It has some cool tricks, but that doesn't mean they made perfect choices in how they made it fly. Designers have the knowledge now to make a kite fly any way they want. The Storm2 clearly has a super thin profile. That has been tired by many others. For 2003 several companies went back to more profile to get a more powerful user friendly kite. Expect the Storm2 to be very racy and will need all of its speed to make power. Quite the opposite of last years Storm. You listening Cal? It may not be for big boys anymore.

Hey Dwight,
Yep, I'm listening... Its a concern for me yes - it always is now, with any kite!

I am interested to know how you came to the conclusion the stormII has a super thin profile though, if you've been looking at the pictures that I have it is hard to tell.

And as an example the gaastra's seam to be very thin also - but shit the 19.5 produces alot of grunt... I was suprised before I flew one I looked it over and didn't expect much more pull than my 16 because of the profile... I was wrong...

I'd be suprised if Flexi havn't learnt from naish's 'mistake' of not having any decent low end... but who knows, it's hard to imagine flexi's team riders going for such a radical change as well, from a kite with lots of low end to a super high end kite...

Its all speculation till people get to fly the kites in the pictures they look great, I'm excited about them for sure but the proof is always in the flying.

Do you know someone thats flown them dwight? or have you sceen one in person? - Just interested cos not many people have, there definatly havn't been any down in this corner of the world yet....

The best thing so far is that they're going to produce a 20 - means I don't have to rely on a 16 in lighter wind...

But yep, it is a concern!

Cheers
Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:54 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
I am interested to know how you came to the conclusion the stormII has a super thin profile though, if you've been looking at the pictures that I have it is hard to tell.

Cheers
Callum

Send me a private e-mail and I'll tell you how I know. Better yet, sign in so I can click on your e-mail link.

Click on mine to contact me.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3