Maldives and Sri Lanka

Forum for kitesurfers
Hut_No.7
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hut_No.7 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:27 am

Hi,

I am off to Sri Lanka in June followed by a week in the Maldives. Anybody had any experience kiting in Sri Lanka? I'm staying at Bentota beach which looks pretty stunning. For the Maldives I'll be at Ari Beach resort - anyone kite there before?

Advice / tips appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:17 am

Ari Beach (now White Sands), unfortunately the best for Kiteboarding.

Not due to the spot, it's great, but due to the watersport center owners shitty attitude to Kiteboarding.

We are a couple of guys going there at times for kiting, we are working in the Maldives so therefore anonymus.

The center owners are totally against kiteboarding, and we hear that they are trying to get the island to ban it. No rescues there, if you go out you are on your own.

You are better off going to Kuredu, better winds since it's further north and a kite center that will help you out.

Hut_No.7
Rare Poster

Postby Hut_No.7 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:20 am

Thanks for the information. That's a bit crap! I have booked up, so will be taking my kit with me. Sounds like I'll have to negotiate when I get there!

Return to “Kitesurfing”