Flysurfer-Mastair with UDS-Power System - The Ultimate Jumpe

forum for kitesurfers

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Paraflysurf » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:46 am

Hai out there,

for experienced flysurfer pilots that want the ultimate "jumper" but dont want to buy the new PSYCHO, we got the solution.

The Mastair with the new UDS-Power-/Depower-System.

The system can be added to the kite in a few minutes. All you have to change on your kite is to add 4 new bridle lines/side for separating A-, B-, C- and D-section.

The system will change the angle of air attack and the complete profiles bending, thats the secret.
A-section is fixed, the other sections are moved. The kite can fly as it likes when you depower it. Thats why it is so stable in depower mode. When you power it up, the kite "stands up" like a tube and gives you a great lift. When you are near to the top you should accelerate the kite a little to prevent it from "full stalling".

The system is also perfect for the Flysurfer Warrior. You will have a better lift and faster turn times - a better handling and more fun !!

If you are interested, you can find the system on our homepage.

If you like you can send us your kite for modification or do it yourself with the help of our detailled describtion.

Good winds and higher flights !!

Your Paraflysurf Team

http://www.paraflysurf.ch
mm@paraflysurf.ch
0041/79/4522713

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paraflysurf on 2002-12-24 17:29 ]</font>

Jurjen
Medium Poster

Postby Jurjen » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:15 pm

That sounds interesting.

Do you have international dealers (eg Netherlands.)

I have a Mastair 9 and a Warrior 7.

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zfennell » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:57 pm

I must say that i am a big fan of the UDS system. Using their design and suggestions I built a similar bridle setup for a 9M F-one Shadow. The improvement in turning and depowering was impressive. Especially since the shadow comes with no depower. However, it also made launching from dead downwind very mild mannered(compared to getting yanked out of your socks with a normal launch through the powerzone). I'm sure each kite has a limit to how far it can be adjusted before it either stalls or luffs, but with the UDS you have the luxury of using the full range the kite is capable of.

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:17 am

Thanks for your positive feedback !

If you are interested, you can order the UDS-System per mail directly from "Paraflysurf".
As I told above you can tune the kite yourself or send it to us and we do it for you.

In the moment we got a ot of work with the SPIDER bars. Please calculate one week for tuning at Paraflysurf.

You should also try a SPIDER COMPETITION bar and you will reach the next higher level in kiting experience.

Your Paraflysurf Team

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paraflysurf on 2002-12-23 00:25 ]</font>

GregB
Rare Poster

Postby GregB » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:04 am

I've got a 12m Mastair. How well will the system work with it? Do you have to use the Spider bar with the setup or can I use my original Flysurfer bar?

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:02 pm

Hai GregB,

you can use the UDS with your Flysurfer bar or even handles if you like.

With the UDS you can depower the kite to zero forces if you are experienced enough to control it and you will do jumps in "POWER-UP" mode that you never did bevore. The kite will turn faster and is easier to relaunch.
The window increases and you will be faster on going upwind.

What else do you want ???

Your Paraflysurf Team

mm@paraflysurf.ch
0041/79/4522713

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paraflysurf on 2002-12-24 17:27 ]</font>

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:15 pm

Hai out there,

I got a lot of mails full of questions about the UDS-System.

I will try to answer the FAQ here :

- The UDS changes the angle of air attack and the profiles bending

- The brakes become a part of the bridle (E-section)

- You will have higher jumps, easier relaunch, faster turns and a bigger wind range

- You can use the UDS with your standard bar, handles, or the SPIDER-COMPETITION

- The bridle of your kite has to be separated in A-, B-, C-, (D-) section and brakes

- For the Mastair 7, 9, 12 you need 4 additional second stage bridle lines /side

- For the Mastair 16.0 you need 12 first stage- and 4 second stage bridle lines/side

- For the Warrior you need 2 additional second stage bridle lines/side

- The FS-Mixer-Pulleys will stay on the kite

- You depower the kite by pushing the bar

- The max depower can be adjusted by a separate stopping ball

- The UDS comes with a detailled manual

- Paraflysurf recommends to send the kite to us for perfect tuning and best performance results

Hope I could answer all FAQ. If not, go on asking !!

Greetings

Manfred

Paraflysurf
M.Müller/Aviation Engineer
Switzerland

mm@paraflysurf.ch
0041/79/4522713

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paraflysurf on 2003-01-06 21:17 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:42 am

Hi manfred,
How does your UDS system compare to flysurfer`s WAC system ( I am planning to install this on my warrior16) What are the advantages and drawbacks? Is there also an idea for a safety solution without rest-pull?
regards jörg

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:09 am

Hai Jörg,

I dont want to compare the system WAC/UDS.

I am a Flysurfer dealer and the new generation of FS-Kites has made a big step into the right direction.

On the WAC, A- and B-section are connected and the C-section is pulled. The Psycho-profile is specially designed for this feature.
On the UDS system, the A section is fixed and B-, C-, D-section and brakes are pulled. This leads to a very regular bending with a late fullstall and imens power.
But you can also push the kite to zero forces if you like and if you are experienced enough to use it in this mode.

If you use the WAC on a Mastair 16.0 you will have a fold in the middle between B- and C-section. This will lead to very bad aerodynamics and improper performance.

I will get a FS-Mastair 16.0 from an US customer next week. This guy was clever enough to order the UDS-3 together with a SPIDER bar. I will transform this kite into a weapon and he will not have to fear any competition on the water any more.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:40 pm

could be interesting. after all it's not in the manufacturers intrest to give us better older kites is it, just sell us new kites.

i'll believe it when i test one. and the address is...

Return to “Kitesurfing”