Warrior set up

Forum for kitesurfers
Low Profile
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Low Profile » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:25 am

I have a similar set up problem to " psycho from hell " with my Warrior 12.5, steers like a pig, dives but then won't come back up. I adjusted the black depower line to the end of the thick rope at the bar end ( both directions ) but that didn't seem to help. A friend has told me that I am still "flaps down" at the trailing edge so to speak, can someone tell me whether or not adjusting the steering lines one way or the other will help??
Appreciate it.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:56 am

Move the depowerknot on the black depowerline down in 2cm steps towards the bar and see how it flies and behaves.

(I think your current knot is too far up the depowerline)
Frank

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:29 pm

sounds like the bridal is wrapped behind the kite.

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:09 pm

The flaps always look activated at the warrior even if you push the bar to maximum.

If you want to try something new, then modify the Warrior with our UDS-Power-/Depowersystem. That makes you independent from the "Flysurfer-Tuning"

With this system you can tune the kite however you like and you will have a better performance, higher jumps and easier relaunch.

Greetings

Your Paraflysurf Team

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:17 pm

Hi Low Profile.

If you move the Knot of the depowerline up, the Kites becomes more depowered. The Warrior like every other kite turns depowered more slowly.
If you take all 3 leader lines in on hand, the knots should be all at the same point. If you power up, the flaps must directly come down. Otherwise it will not realy steer.

Bye, Armin

Low Profile
Rare Poster

Postby Low Profile » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:31 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll try and get it sorted now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”