RRD Type 4.1 ? Any input

Forum for kitesurfers
mtarrago
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mtarrago » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:35 pm

Toby,you said:if you are a beginner it doesn't matter much what you get, it just needs to fly.
So can i get an AERO II or Airblast too??
or you suggest me a beginner kite as RRD TYPE 4.1 or AERO 2001??
let me know....
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
CIAO !!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:49 pm

Hi

It's always matter what kind off kite you buy...but let us be honest, the kites you mention are all very good kites...the only BUT I will say, is the airblast...I don't think that it's a beginner kite.

Go after a 12...the size where you get most for your money. Take a moderat kite (don't start with a high - high performence kite, it will simply take you longer to learn the sport).

And why not start with some used gear..people chance so fast, and now its winter time, Its buyers market for at least 2 month's more.

Good luck

Bdrgs

Good

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:19 pm

Hi I can choose from 2002: CO2 9( =12.2) RRD Type4.1 12 and Flexifoil Storm 12 or 10.
All for about the same price.

I can kitesurf already without any problem, but I don't want to outgrow it by summer 2003.

What to choose ?

Eddy

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:34 pm

WE have a school in PR and only sell RRD. The 4.1 is a great kite. It takes a beating while you are learning and is a great performing kite once you work out how to kite. A high qualitly kite with a long life expectancy.

mtarrago
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mtarrago » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:12 pm

Ok Royce,i agree with RRD TYPE 4.1.
AS you read,I am a beginner so Should I get the 12 or 14 size? I 80Kg and there are about 10-20 knots here in rome (Italy).
thanks.......
Ciao!!!
P.S.:grin:o you know something about the new RRD TYPE 5??

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:15 pm

Hi

Personally I think there's a big different between the 14 and the 12...the 12 is simply the best, work very well from (7)8 - 12 (13) m/sek...my weight is 86 kgs, and I'am using a board only 150x34x1,6cm thick.

But remember, we all use different epuipment etc. If the 12 isn't big enough, its still the best size, and when you find the money for it, you can by a bigger kite (18-20), that will blast you in less wind. With an 14 you need both an (18-20) and a 10 to cover nearby the same wind.

Good luck and happy New year

Brgds

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:58 pm

RRD is located right there in Grossetto. Where will you be sailing and I Will ask The boys there to help you with sizes. There are lots of RRD team guys there that will be happy to talk to you. Give me your e-mail and I will forward it to Roberto to give to someone to help you OK? I think it blows really hard around grossetto but I am not sure about the rest of the places.
Chow.
R

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:37 pm

Eddy, heres the info for you. Give this guy an e-mail.
hofmann@robertoriccidesigns.com
Aloha R

Return to “Kitesurfing”