All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:56 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks Guys for the info on my last post(Knowledge is power). Now I've decided to buy a TT For my aero 14, It's now down to the brand.

Remember - 83kg
- 183 cms tall
- fast learning beginner
- NSW Australia
- 20 years surfing experience
- limited waterskiing
- Price not to important.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:04 pm 
Frequent Poster

give me a call bro... ive got good connections for ya so you wont pay too much no matter what you want - and no, i`m not a retailer. AUS 0410 42 42 41.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:23 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi Billygoat.

If you are interested in trying before you buy and are able to make the trip 2.5 hours south of Sydney to the Jervis Bay region you can try before you buy.

We have a range of Underground boards and other brands as well you can test, at most price points.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail dave@machelp.com.au or phone 02 4443 7665 if you would like further info. I can give you some instruction with your Aero as well if you need it.

Look forward to having fun, it's a great sport, but take care, Dave (Dr Surf Australia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:56 pm 
Medium Poster

You might try a Lightwave 169. Don't get anything bigger. You'll outgrow it within the first season. Another angle would be to geting a short wide board, like the Underground Smorgasboard or Magic Carpet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:19 am 
Speaking of short boards, even though the Buzz (from NorthShoreInc.com) is only barely being released, they're already planning on producing two slightly larger sizes, the largest of which is still really short (110cm I think). It makes me wonder if this will be the new trend in boards. Maybe you could wait to try some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:25 am 
I think around 145 is a good size board. If you want to ride in light wind get something wide with minimal rocker. If you want to use a big kite in strong wind and chop then go narrower with more rocker. Either way, I reckon this is the right length as you don't need any more regardless of the conditions, and any shorter and the board becomes less practical.

Look at an E-boards Mojo, E-boards-Chubby, Underground variants, North Robo, Naish TT.

These are all similar in concept, but vary in rocker, width, weight and fin set-up.

What size kites have you got? Will you only have one board?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:21 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks guys

I just ordered a litewave 169 , we will see how I go. I had to make a decision , it was driving me nuts. Thanks for all the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You should do well with the litewave 169. I used this board for my first season and it edges very well and I have used it with kites from 9m to 20m.

Litewave Dave is a very helpful guy and their new gear lineup looks good. I think eliminating the v-tail was a good idea. I hung out with Kevin Senn at the 2001 Gorge Games when I took my first lesson and saw him rip on the 169 in all kinds of different wind, doing beach grinds, etc. The board can take a beating too.

The only silly complaint that I have is that it is a little bigger/heavier than I would like to travel with (so I bought a Vari 148).

I also applied some 3M 4200 to the edge of the board about 6" to eitehr side of center and a "pad" of it about 3-4" in to give me a comfortable "grip pad". The board is very slippery and the edges are a bit sharp if you have to carry it a long way. You'll see what I mean when you get the board.

I will probably keep the board forever as a good all-around board and a backup for my smaller boards.

Enjoy!!

roberto

[ 8 posts ]