Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

bored of Psycho chat ??

Forum for kitesurfers
bennyh
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bennyh » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:19 pm

Have we got bored of raving about the Psycho or has it turned out that they're more ordinary than the hype suggested and not quite so revolutionary ?

Any comments from those who've got over the new kite honeymoon period ?

I think I may still want one!

Regards
Ben

macca
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby macca » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:58 pm

See if you can demo one and experience them first hand. If your a foil man they will be the dogs bollocks, if your LEI be open minded.

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:13 pm

You can find some user reviews and opinions here in the forum under the "search" option.

Also check: http://www.kite-surf.com for some more user-reviews & http://www.oase.com in the kitesurf forum, where Armin (Head Designer) also answers a lot of questions personally.

Cheers,
Ray

MBENGEL
Rare Poster

Postby MBENGEL » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:52 am

I like my 9.5m psycho. I've been out on skates and snowboard about 8 time's total. I was a little tricky learning to fly it from a sattionary position. It is a fast kite and found it to be perfect when I'm moving. I figured out a couple day's ago why it's called psycho. It's the speed that this kite fly's back for a jump. A little to scary for any big air on the frozen lake, but I'm gonna love it this summer. Doesn't jerk you up when it gust or you jump. It's a nice smooth power. I've jumped with it and over flew it to the edge of the window a few time's learning to jump. I personally like have a kite that speed's up when a big gust hit's and doesn't fall back in the power. I've never flown a LEI but will probably have the chance this summer. I'm really not that great of a jumper yet, more of a cruiser.

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:45 pm

if you r bored reading about psycho go find one to try it.we are bored too trying to find some good weather to enjoy it.its winter here u know.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:56 pm

I haven't said too uch about my PSYCHO since I got it. Though i have flown tubes and other foils, most of my time has been on ARC's. I have found the PSYCHO to be totally different from anything so far. It is a power house to be blunt. This kite can hurt you if you don't take it seriously! Wind and weather have not been to my favor yet so i still am not using it. i've tried it it light stuff--under 8 mph and high stuff--20mph and gust (a really dumb mistake). So for now, I'm waiting for pefect 10-12mph until the water warms up a bit. But as for worksmanship, design, and overall quality, it's much better than the other kites I have owned (Nash, Wipika, Windtools, Jojo, and Peter Lynn) This kite(referring to my 15.5 Psycho) is no beginner kite. If you cannot go upwind consistently and have the experience to deal with emergencies, don't buy a PSYCHO. I predict it to take me a minumium of 10 good kiting days to get the hang of it and feel comfortable and safe with it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”