Forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:20 pm

it just gets better and better, you know as he makes more posts i cant help but get the feeling he's begining to come round to foil way of view, what does everyone think.

Hammer Time
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hammer Time » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:45 pm

Yes I think so, but foils might be too powerful for a Troll. I saw a blurry picture of what was supposed to be a Troll kitesurfing, but I think it was just a hoax.

Hey, Troll
What does Le Ispissonram mean? My French isn't to good.
Thanks,
H-T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hammer Time on 2003-01-28 17:22 ]</font>

Hammer Time
Rare Poster

Postby Hammer Time » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:27 pm

Thank you Toby,

Safety is a good place to start.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Monsieur Le Ispissonram aka Le Ispissonfoil aka Pump me up, aka Troll regarding the safety record of LEI kites.

TROLL -
Because your entire debate is based entirely upon repetition of the same statistics and arguments over and over again,

Here are new statistics for you to counterpoint.
LEI fatalities = 9
Ram Air Foils =0

LEI serious injuries = 18
Ram Air Foils = 1 (Mr. Calthrop's extreme kitesurfing speed record event. Injuries sustained after avoiding a bystander who was sitting on the finish line)

Be the responsible person you aspire to be and kindly inform your kitesurfing associates about general safety concerns.

H-T, out

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hammer Time on 2003-01-28 17:23 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:08 pm

No. of inflats's worldwide 117600
No. of RAM's worldwide 1200

Go figure Einstein???

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:11 pm

Nice girls. You guys must be dating.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:17 pm

mathematics not your strong point anon, is it?

Flysurfer alone have sold more than 1200 easies, mast airs, speed airs, warriors, and psychos.

and i'd hate to think what the total number of blades and arcs is.....

well done yet another wholely accurate statistic to prove that your choice is superior to my choice, well done you.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:33 pm

Ted Bautista has asked for a one-on-one duel to prove the merits of rams over inflats...

It is RIDICULOUS for any one rider to challenge any other rider to a one-on-one duel as a way of proving one kite's merits over another. Not only is it ridiculous, it is somewhat immature, akin to a schoolground taunt like "my dad's bigger than your dad etc etc."

Nothing will be proved by a rider on one brand (eg Naish) challenging another (eg Cabrinha) to a one-on-one duel.

There is a spectrum of ability amongst those who fly rams (~20-30000) and amongst those who fly inflats (~300 000). The overall spectrum of ability is higher in the inflatable group becaue they use superior kites, but one rider from one group challenging a rider from the other group is NOT MATURE and LACKS insight.

Imperfect though it might be, the only way to objectively assess aerodynamic performance between kites or brands is on the pro tour table. There isn't that much to determine between ability in the top 20, esp the top 10. At this level, a lot of differences ARE equipment related.

The reason we don't see any rams in the top 96 PKRA, let alone the top 20 or 10, is because they ARE inherenty inferior to inflats.

So TED, if you want to really prove your point, crack the top 20 on the PKRA, stop bullying amateurs.

I'm prepared to bet big $ that NO RAM riders will crack the top 20 on the PKRA, let alone the top 10 this year.

Ted, in your aspirations to get further sponsorship, become a full-time pro etc, why don't you consider changing from rams (which ARE holding you back) to 2003 inflats. You might even make it onto the top 96.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:38 pm

Ted, didn't I already beat you once?
See you at the PKRA in Rome? That gives you 2.5 months to practice.
Laters. I gotta go blow up my kite.....easy now. We can make 10.000. Everyone just keep putting those non agro posts.
Yeeehhaaawwwwwww!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:46 pm

Thanks for that post Royce.

Royce actually did crack the top 40 on the PKRA in 2002 (a good effort - congrats).

It seems he has beaten Ted Bautista in competition previously.

It's therefore fair to say that Ted B couldn't make it into the top 40 PKRA.

While the merits of ranking after 20-30 are dubious on this tour, it's fair to say that Ted B, couldn't make it on the PKRA tour if he tried.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:46 pm

thats a funny suggestion when i started kickboxing i used to get my arse whipped ny everyone, but after six years hard traing and two years coaching and four summers in thailand it was definately the other way around.

what you missed in teds posting was the fact that he said he had improved since switching from his usual ride of lei's over to foils, therefore foils must be better if he had to switch to improve. just think how good mark shinn would be if he switched to foils and made the same improvement.

kite comps are all about the skill of what the rider can do under the kite once in the air. not the aerodynamic ability of the kite.

i'm still waiting for proof, scientific and verifiable that lei's are measurably better than foils. yeh they are more stable to butt checking and being underswung when jumping, but thats just two aspects of performance.

these two aspects of performance are key to winning comps, if that is your measure of performance then great but aerodynamics aint about that.

Return to “Kitesurfing”