Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why none of the top 50 use Ram Airs?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:39 am

Hey guys here is the real scoop.The foils kicked ass in the begining but then the inflatables made alot of advancements and jumped into the market as the kite to be on and the manufactures through advertising rammed the tube kite idea down your throats.But with advancement the foil kites are making a come back.The new foil kites of today are outjumping the inflatables they do have twice the wind range and go upwind way better than the tube kites.I was in fuerte at the pro tour event and the psycho riders where out jumping all the inflatable riders and I witnessed some big name riders trying the psycho proto types and every one claimed that it was the best jumping kite they had ever ridden and remarks of the stability where solid as a rock and almost impossible to make fall out of the sky and the softest landings ever had.Marcus Damsel rips and in aug. was in the top 10 in the world on the european tour and he was riding the mast air at that time,he is now training on the new psycho in Fuerte and Tarriff to compete on next seasons tour.He emailed me that in his first 2 weeks of training that his trick list had doubled!!!Ted Bautista is a up and coming rider from Va.Beach That is absolutly ripping on the psycho and was voted best Trick of the HATTERAS PRO contest and will be competing this season on the psycho!!!Another stand out was a peter lynn proto type that a average rider was out jumping the big names in Fuerte as well his tricks whern't the best but his hang times where double the inflatable riders(flash,koch,sudrat etc.)So all you rocket scientist that know it all just remember nobody knows how stupid you truly are until you open your mouth!So you can follow the pack or you can step up open your mind and be a leader!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:12 am

My original bet still stands:

I'm willing to bet big $ that NO ram riders make it onto the top 20 PKRA list for 2003.

Ram riders are handicapped by the inherent aerodynamic inferiority of the ram airs.

I don't know if the above comments about the Psycho are true... but I'm prepared to bet that because of instability (esp in rotors), slow turning, aerodynamic inferiority, poor control, etc etc, NO ram riders will make it onto the top 20.

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KiteGlider » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:00 am

In the spirit of fair play and "sportethics" (my politically correct version of sportsmanship), your wager is a very generous
gesture.

I wish I could take you up on a bet,
except that my wife would kick my ass,
and I'd be living under the kite in the garden.
sincerely thanks anyway,
take it easy,
KG

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:18 am

Excuses , excuses - next thing you are going to say your mumma will cut our pocket allowance! Give us a break ..lol

Will any of you big time foil losers put your money where your mouth is..

Didnt think so..............

LEISPISSONRAMS

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:59 am

No really, she can kick my ass!

I bet she can kick your ass too.

Martial arts instructor for the military.

I fly LEIs BTW

What does Le Ipisonram mean? Is that French?
thanks,
KG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteGlider on 2003-01-28 06:14 ]</font>

cyclone
Frequent Poster

Postby cyclone » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:16 am

On 2003-01-28 04:18, Anonymous wrote:
Excuses , excuses - next thing you are going to say your mumma will cut our pocket allowance! Give us a break ..lol

Will any of you big time foil losers put your money where your mouth is..

Didnt think so..............

LEISPISSONRAMS
You FN coward, WHY DONT YOU put your money where your mouth is and tell us who you are so we can collect OUR MONEY.

An empty bet, youll run like the coward you are when it comes to pay up time...

Heres a bet for you, maybe not 2003 but in 2005 i bet theyll be up there...

BTW, i ride LEI...

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:26 am

Why not 2090? is that far enough away.. so we can forget the bet... or maybe make that a neat 3000.

Keep the jokes coming RAM babies

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:28 am

And Cyclone (does Cyclone stand for gay retard in Oz?), you should go back to flying foils where you belong.Its bad enough you ex-foil freaks are allowed to trade "up" to real kites (LEI), as it pollutes the talent gene pool.Take my advise retard - stick with the losers.. they miss you.

Rv
Frequent Poster

Postby Rv » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:18 am

For those that don't know...

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TrollDefinition

Cheers,

lewis
Medium Poster