Why none of the top 50 use Ram Airs?

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:18 pm

Oh yes and of all the kites I've flown in cliff wind... my LEIs handled it the worst of all my kites....

BLOWN AWAY

gaffer
Frequent Poster

Postby gaffer » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:39 pm

maybe the fact that there are no ram airs inthe top 100 is more due to the mindset of those that use them rather than the performance of the kite. Lets face it anyone who is serious about doing well in a comp is going to go out and use all the same kit as the rest of the pro's because they need to do the same moves with the same style of riding. Thats why all all the successful pro's moved away from big directional and then away from wakestyle with bindings. Right now judging criteria is focused on what can be done with an LEI and a small TT or Mutant.

Maybe the reasons some people choose foils are in keeping more with recreatioal riding rather than competion riding.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:10 pm

Chris who? Jan Who? You gotta get outa wherever you are dude.

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:39 pm

Does anybody really care if nobody rides foils in the top 50?

I've ridden foils and LEIs, I just happen to PREFER LEI's, like some people PREFER foils and still other people like to mix both.

The only people I can actually think of that might genuinely have a reason to give a flying f*** about the subject are the MANUFACTURERS, but that would never do....but what if you posted the question anonymously.....:wink:

Argh!!! its a conspiracy!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mickpilch on 2003-01-23 15:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mickpilch on 2003-01-23 15:56 ]</font>

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:48 pm

its maddness, what a discussion. i mean most of you lot are trying to ride all day on kites that have developed to be used for 10-20 minute heats in competition.

think about it guys how often do you go out all day boosting every turn and transitioning every time in the air.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:58 pm

On 2003-01-23 11:25, Anonymous wrote:
I'm prepared to bet big $ that NO ram airs make it into the top 20 PKRA rankings for 2003.

So come on ram boys, start the bidding. Put your money where your mouths are. Some of you think the Psycho will cut it ... I don't.

According to previous posts, only the top 20-30 really count, so let's keep it to the top 20. If a ram can't make it into the top 20, rams can't be very good.

If you can figure out a way to securely lock in a bet (eg using Toby as a mediator), I'd be happy to reveal my true identity (to Toby - and then to the forum at the finalisation of 2003 rankings).
Dude I'm pretty sure nobody cares about your true identiy,
and the fact that you equate rankings with quality clearly puts you in the cheerleader crowd.
How many boardspins wins.
This brings us full circle once again.
My original statement to you,,,,
Shallow cuts it not at all,
I think your done, you have cemented yourself so firmly in the pom pom crowd.

Best wishes, Rest in peace
glad we got this straightened out.

All things considered you have choosen wisley to stay anonymous.
I am happy to have helped you define your
persona

For you
Anon-a-thon

I gota grab that friggin board
it spins so bitchen in my yard
If i could get it off my feet
I'd spinit hard
I'd spin it neat
But theres a problem
I am seeing
Kitepants down around my knees
And the thought of me just being
Another spinning bare assed Pleiben.

Peace love and alitude anno
fokiten

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:33 pm

Fokiten for president

THE POWER
Medium Poster

Postby THE POWER » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:59 pm

The thing that is annoying about leis is that in strong winds 30knt and plus no one goes out. I don't even own a small kite but if I did I would not fancy self launching it in that sort of wind and again landing it solo would not be fun. I saw somebody sailing with an arc and he was able to completely depower it like a flag and it slowly came down.

Protos
Frequent Poster

Postby Protos » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:08 pm

Ah yes, ARCs -- the best of both worlds.

:smile:

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:12 pm

[quote]
On 2003-01-23 11:25, Anonymous wrote:
I'm prepared to bet big $ that NO ram airs make it into the top 20 PKRA rankings for 2003.

So come on ram boys, start the bidding. Put your money where your mouths are. Some of you think the Psycho will cut it ... I don't.

so what about you? how good are you? are you a pro? I'm not. neither are any of my friends. we all go out to have a good time and we do! how about a contest between you on your favorite lei and me on my favorite foil. exactly how much money do you have that you want to bet? We're not talking pro's here. Just a bunch of good ol boys having a good time. You got any money that says you have more fun on your favorite kite than i do on mine? EXACTLY what do you fly--BESIDES YOU KEYBOARD? :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”