Why none of the top 50 use Ram Airs?

Forum for kitesurfers
RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RC-Kiter » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:37 pm

Hello Anon, this will be my last addition to this thread and hope it will be the final one. If there's anymore you want to discuss please send me a PM.

1. In the beginning of this thread, you accused the foil flyers of insulting you and having a big mouth, Now you are doing exactly the same against Ted B. for standing up.

2. This forum has turned into flaming/slamming since you pulled into this thread. (I am coming here since the very beginning of this forum, first also as a anon, but always with a name under my posts, later I registered.)
But this negative change is obvious to everybody who comes here regularly, you also put other peoples names under your posts, just to gain credibility, a bit low don't you think....

3. We should praise the forum and it's users and guys like Ted B. for also joining this forum. We can all learn from each other and we should praise that so many have different inputs on kitesurfing & ride different gear. This is, in the long term better for all of us here.

4. We will see if someone will be in the top 20-25 this year on one of the Pro tours. I am even willing to bet money on it, because I have personally seen riders in action who could make it to the top this year. (And yes, they are flying foils)

5. For the "normal to advanced" kitesurfer other thing come into play. These kitesurfers are the people that buy the kites and those are for whom they were designed. Can you blame a manufacturer for designing kites for those people.? And trying to focus on this instead of competition results.
(You can only spend your R&D and Marketing budget 1 time, what should be the priority?)

6. And there is some other thing. Why can't you find a more than 1-2% rate of bad reviews on foils on the net+mags. All customers seem happy with their choice. I.e. 98-99%!! Look the reviews up in some of the user-reviews, you will see I am right in this.

7. One further thing to notice is customer service & support. The foil brands don't see their buying public as a number, but as a customer which should be respected. That's something some LEI companies can still learn from.

8. On the net, places like oase.com, kiteforum.com, the arcusers group on yahoo, gives very good info, advice & help you out if you have any problem. Not many LEI companies have this kind of on-line support.

In these groups you don't see posts like: "Dumb your Cabrinha, get a Rhino II, much better! etc..."

9. As far as aerodynamic goes a properly designed foil is superior to a LEI. Just ask any expert in aerodynamics.

10. As for as for a 1 on 1 comparison/duel you find this childish, I would love to see it. Then you can see and experience all positive and negative things of both kite types, side by side, in real-life & comparable conditions.

Okay Ted B. brought it up a bit harsh but that's no reason for not taking it on, you are so convinced of your view it should be a easy winner for you!!

11. Please ask some of the pro-riders at Fuerteventura this year, which type of kite they all wanted to try and were ripping on, making mega-hangtimes. Out of respect for these riders & their LEI sponsors the foil company who shot a video there didn't publish the vid. They originally wanted to but the LEI companies (sponsors of those riders) were going to court if they did bring it out.....

12. And for the last time I would advise you to go fly a 2003 foil yourself and come back here and give a honest and objective review. I and a lot of other users would appreciate this much and you will gain a bit of your credibility back, you lost while this thread becomes longer every day.

13. You may think you are proving your point because a lot of respected posters have stopped posting in this thread, can't give them wrong though, you don't have an open mind and because of your biased view you are obviously not ready for a open discussion.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:02 pm

Anonymous, you are completely out of line

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2003-01-29 18:03 ]</font>

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:10 pm

threat to naish business growth more like.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:20 pm

On 2003-01-29 17:52, Anonymous wrote:
Royce, I know you and you know me. Remember VA Beach Contest ?
I know where to find you in Puerto Rico. I know where to find you in the US main land.
You disturbed this forum long enough. You are a thread to the kiteboarding industry's growth and to amateur riders.
You inhibit my work.

I will seriously injure you, maybe kill you next time I am over in the states for business. I'll have the time and money to find you, trust me.

Come on, French friend, this is ridiculous !!!

What's wrong with you here?
No wind, or what's up?

Relax.

Topic closed now !!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”