forum for kitesurfers
where should i spend the summer?
any links to a tarifa-site would be great.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
- Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
- Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
- Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Cogoleto(ITA) or Tarifa(ESP)
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2002
- Local Beach: Kite Island, Sandy Hook, Long Branch
- Gear: Ozone Reo 10, 12
Best TS 8, 10
Slingshot Celeritas 5'8 Woodie
Crazy Fly Raptor Pro 137
Ocean Rodeo Soul Drysuit
Neil Pryde Eclipse 5/4/3 Wetsuit
Mystic Majestic harness
- Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding
- Location: New Jersey, US
i've been to both. and i think tarifa is way cooler. however, i didnt kite in fuertaventura and i dont know what the winds are like in the summertime. Also, i heard that last summer tarifa didnt do that well with wind.
if you're looking to spend a whole summer kiting, check out Cabarete in Dominican Republic. the wind blows much better then in tarifa and it's a much cheaper place. you'd get much more bang for the buck.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 8766
- Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
- Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.
word to the wise
leave nothing anywhere, at all, of any value in tarifa it needs to be nailed down.
and if you don't believe me ask the guys from kitesurf mag who had all their money, film various documnets, and cameras nicked from their car by the local kite mafia.
they will even steal inflated kites from the beach.
in what way is tarifa cooler?
Return to “Kitesurfing”