All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:52 am 
We have been blessed with excellent winter wind and snow this winter so far (more wind to come tommorrow).

I went out kitesnowboarding today with my foil/sled Concept Air 6.0 EX's (depowered as a sled) in wind around 17 to 27 knots (peak gust 30.8 knots). I was a bit overpowered but did just fine. This is the wind I normally use my Naish 5.5.

I also use my foil/sled Concept Air 6.0 EX's as a flat foil in 10-11 to 18 knots (the wind I normally I use my Naish 11.5 for from 9 - 18 knots).

So my sled/foil Concept Air 6.0 EX's is almost equal the Naish 5.5 and 11.5.

P.S. I start using same kite sizes for kitesnowboarding as for kitesurfing (as long as you have some snow to edge decently it's the same); because it's easier and higher to jump in power-up condition.

P.P.S., And this is in cold air around -20C. I am not sure what the wind meter that the yatch club nearby used but it seems to measure both winter wind and summer wind similarly (same power as I feel from my kite)

P.P.P.S, I am in the process of converting my XXXL to a foil/sled.

Hung.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Like an Arc with less or no bridle?

A friend was going to try the opposite, flattening an LEI with bridle for more projected area.

KG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:19 am 
Like a foil with bridle which can turn itself to an ARC or inflatable sled (imagine being able to turn a 12 m2 flat surface inflatable to a 12 m2 foil).

Read http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool/message/1930 for more info.

Do it the reversed way may work too. Worth giving it a try.

Hung.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hung - Thanks very much. I'm fowarding your Yahoo post to my kite making friend. He'll love this!

KG

[ 4 posts ]