Kiters University wanted!

Forum for kitesurfers
Schweene
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Schweene » Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:10 pm

Hey Guys,

I´m a Student of Business Administration in Kiel, northern Germany. I would love to leave Germany for one Semester, especially in the Winter and study at a foreign University.
Now i`m looking for a nice University in a Country, were it is warm and windy during the german Winter, so I can Kite. The Semester should start in September and end in March or April. Dos anyone have a good Idea or some experiences??

Thanx Dirk

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jpkiter » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:13 pm

Hi Dirk,
That time of the year is the start of the summer in the southern hemisphere ( Australia, New Zealand)..maybe some folks in that part of the world can give you more details....Enjoy!! :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:12 am

i don't know what the season differences are between the U.S. and where you're located but i have a club for kite boarding at my school. it's warm and the beach is 45 mins away and we get good waves to ride too.
http://www.geocities.com/ucfkiteboarding//main

Schweene
Rare Poster

Postby Schweene » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:31 pm

Thanx Guys!

the Problem with New Zealand and Australia is, the academic Year starts end of February and ends in November. That means, in the german Winter, the Time I would like to go, they have Summerbreak!
has anyone else a good Idea?
One oporunity would be La Laguna, Tenerife!

Bye Dirk

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:21 pm

Don't be a sissy girl, go to Berkley and enjoy the cold water in San Francisco, good waves and wind

Kiteboarddog
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kiteboarddog » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:04 am

http://www.tamucc.edu/
Corpus kristy Texas.
I don't know the classes offered but it's allways windy and allmost never too cold to kite.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:09 am

Nope... Berkeley and the San Francisco Bay are NOT a good idea right now. We have a no-wind season, and Winter is IT!

BillF

Return to “Kitesurfing”