Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sydney Kitesurfing Locations

Forum for kitesurfers
yatomhoo
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby yatomhoo » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:36 pm

I am traveling to Sydney (from California) for a week in late february and I would appreciate suggestions on the best places for an beginner to intermediate kitesurfer to go to. I am willing to travel within 3 hours of Sydney.

Thanks for any advice!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:15 pm

Botany Bay in Sydney is the best place for beginner/intermed. Can be crowded with Kiters and beach goers. Stop in and chat to KitePower at San Souci for some local knowledge and friendly advice, plus they're located just across the road from the launch spot - Dolls Pt.
Enjoy

redsc1
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby redsc1 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:52 pm

hi

As the previous post says, Dolls Point is the main beach in Sydney for beginners / intermediates. It does get crowded on weekends, but generally during the week it is much quieter. About an hour and half south of Sydney is another great spot called Windang Island. Large crescent shaped beach with plenty of space for launching and never very crowded.

Check out this web site (scroll down past the picture..) for a list of sites around Sydney..

http://www.australiankiteboardingschool ... ations.htm

Nearer the time you are due to arrive, drop me an email and I can give you some pointers..

Simon_carlson@tnt.com.au

Simon

Cal
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Cal » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:35 am

I would also suggest stopping in at kitepower to chat to the guys there, they will point you in the right direction and may even know of some other people traveling about the coast that you could hook up with...

Dolls is a good flatwatter beginner / intermediate spot - as is the bay further toward the airport, but talk to the locals here about where you can and can't fly - there are some rules due to it being so close to the airport...

Callum

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:05 pm

Have a look at http://www.traqua.com/ for a few pointers

Return to “Kitesurfing”