Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite for KiteBabe?

Forum for kitesurfers
Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Arcsrule » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:07 pm

I like what Dwight said about his wife, "living to kite another day". That's what it's all about for me. there have been many occasions to go out when all my buds were ripping but things were not optimum for me. Living to do it another day should be important to all of us. We should always allow a little fudge factor for the "what if". I know, this had nothing to do with the thread. I just felt a need to post it. Never let anyone intimidate you to launch if you're not 100 % into it.
phil

blizzard
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby blizzard » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:48 pm

I'm a light weighted guy about 67 kilo I think (a fraction under 10 stone). I often find I can go out with good power with at least size down from heavier riders and be as power up and boost as high if not more. In my experience weight make a big difference.

Last weekend I was out with a 10 amp (14 sq) in 12m knots perfectly powered up and jumping whilst others were out on 16/18/20 who in many cases were less powered up - no shit (says a lot about the kite too).

Having said that one of the biggest mistakes learners make is being under-powered.

My biggest kite this year will be the AMP 10.3 out of choice. With the high speed turning of 2003 kites and the extra power they offer that's all I need.

mike
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby mike » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:04 pm

On 2003-01-31 03:59, Blow Me wrote:
I am wondering what kind size kite you would recommend for my Wife. She weighs about 60k.

Dude at KiteShop said a 5.5 would be good. But, I think along the lines of 7, or 8.

What do you Recommend?

ThanX.

C

If she is planning to have only one kite, then the 10 would be the most frequently used. A size 7 would be her high wind kite (upto 30kn). Another suggestion is to go for high AR / fast kite. At her weight these kites will turn normal, whereas a low AR / slow kite would be too slow for anything. This is coming from a 65kg rider.

Mike

Return to “Kitesurfing”