Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:44 am

Hi Rick,

thx a lot for your time and effort you put into this.

I'm sure a lot of people will be thankful for this great online help.

I posted it in the "Infos" forum.

Greets
Toby

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:41 am

I have noticed the same as redsc1, when the wind is high the drag is also very high to resist when the kite is low at the edge of the window. No matter how low you keep the kite the pull is great. It is very easy then to fall and drag across the beach. Using the edge of the window that looks to the sea is a solution so that even if you are dragged you will end up in the sea. None as far as i know will use the quick release just before the drag is too much to resist and they will use the release while dragged or they want use it at all. So what i think is that there is not an absolute solution for safe flying at the beach, it is an extreme sport and dangerous situations will be always a part of it. Of cource all the advice given here improve safety and minimize the risk but they are not the absolute solution. My advice is spend the minimum time possible at the beach.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MissionMan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:30 am

Hi Rick

Great Work.

Do you want me to convert some of these documents to Adobe PDF?

If you need me to, just mail me on athol@xtremesports.co.za and send me any of the documents you want converted.

PDF is a nice format which allows you to keep your documents as originally formatted.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:59 pm

MissionMan wrote:Hi Rick

Great Work.

Do you want me to convert some of these documents to Adobe PDF?

If you need me to, just mail me on athol@xtremesports.co.za and send me any of the documents you want converted.

PDF is a nice format which allows you to keep your documents as originally formatted.
Thanks Athol! Toby's site and particularly the new features have made me a bit lazy. Before I would upload pdf files to the KSR at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... EFERENCES/

and then post the locations on various lists. I am currently polishing a Word file format before converting it to pdf format and uploading it to the KSR. All the referenced files in the "Ideas" document and a lot more are located in the KSR. Thanks for the offer of help, I appreciate it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”