Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

fins

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:15 pm

how important are fins on wakeboards or twintips?
does anyone have experience with this topic?
since there are so many fins, sizes, shapes, materials, etc I don't know if this will effect the feeling of the board. better upwind? more grip for jumps? better carving?

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:41 am

i am trying to learn more about this topic too, but there are some simple ideas that are pretty sraight forward. the more fins, the better it will hold an edge. the bigger the fins, the harder it will hold an edge. the down side is the board will not slide 180 as easily. if anybody has any info on fin placement and the different characteristics of it, let us know.
later,
rob

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:15 pm

i think they are not as important as they've been in windsurfing where you even felt if the fin was scratched ...
as soon as it gets warm enough for 'happy exerimental kitesurfing' i'm gonny try my directional without fins and my TT, too - and play a bit with TT fin sizes ....

Return to “Kitesurfing”